Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

good portable bblind?

Old 07-02-2008, 04:07 PM

Default good portable bblind?

i am loooking for some suggestions to a pottable blind that can accomadate one person very easily and possibly 2 people. i dont want to spend lots of money on one. i want a portable blind so i can move around from spot to spot alot. i will be using it all saeson with a bow and gun so just please give me suggestion.
thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: good portable bblind?

You can spend a little money now on a cheap pop-up blind and then discover that you wish you'd paid more and bought a quality model..... OR,..... you can spend the extra money on a Double Bull blind and sit in style, in a top of the line blind that will last for many years. They really is a serious reason they cost more....... they are WORTH IT!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 AM

arent those like 300 dollars though?
i dont have that much money to buy one with i can spend 100 dollars maybe. i tghink i need one that is big because i will be bow and gun hunting from it

please help thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the DB is $300 closer to $400. Great blinds but not in your budget. You may be able to find an Ameristep Brickhouse for $100 on sale. They are usually $149 and i have hunted out of one for a few years. I saw one on sale for $99 at the end of last season and picked it up as an extra.

They are a hub style blind and a good buy at the $99 - $149 range
Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my hunting area I have 2 pop ups, 4 built ground blinds, and numerous tree stands. If you are moving from spot to spot through out the day folding up and resetting is more commotion than you want to make in the deer woods (I believe this even if you are very efficient). Scouting is key. If you put in the time scouting now, maybe you won't have to move as much during hunting season. Time in equals success. With less motion in the woods you will become more successful. By scouting now you can elimminate having to "look around", for that hunting placement on hunting day. Once again you have eliminated movement. Just some suggestions to assist you.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:16 PM

well the thing is i have lots of spots and i dont have enough money to buy and make blinds for every spot

i would stay at the same place for athe day or however long i wean tto hunt there and i would move day to day maybe
but i wouldnt move at alll during same day
Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try making some ground blinds with the materials you can find in the woods. Such as fallen trees, limbs, long grasses, and even leaf piles that you can rake up in front. Look around this summer for discarded 2x4's or plywood (unpainted) that you can cut and fashion for a backing for these blinds. I hunt a public area of over 30 sq. miles with little hunting pressure and I've built many blinds over the years with my only cost being my time, sweat and hard work. Hunting costs over the years have gone through the roof and I can appreciate what you are saying about costs. If you will be using variable locations (due to wind, travel corridors, time of year etc.) then building your own blinds would be most economical. You don't need much, just a little cover so that you can comfortable sit in a chair. Pre-plan and scout your locations now and then spend a couple of days in the woods constructing your blinds. I've harvested numerous deer over the years sitting behind such blinds and if constructed with care other hunters won't even see them when they walk by. Best of luck with your projects if you decide to build them.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

I use a 6' piece of camo fabric that I carry in my pack. At the beginning of the season I wash it in scent free soap and handle it with my gloves on afterwards. It is cheap, light weight, and only takes minutes to setup or take down. The only downside is rain, but I very seldom hunt in the rain so it doesn't matter.

Bob
Old 07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat540014&id=0054481418584a&navCount=1&amp ;podId=0054481&parentId=cat540014&masterpa thid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&ri d=&parentType=index&indexId=cat540014& hasJS=true
Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 PM

i will def make some of those blinds and i will look into buying that blind because it looks rela real nice

Quick Reply: good portable bblind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.