Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how many sheds have you found? >

how many sheds have you found?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many sheds have you found?

Old 03-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how many sheds have you found?

I got out this afternoon for 2 hours and found 3 3 pt sides and none were matches. There is still alot of snow and I found these in the oaks where the deer were feeding. I know there are bigger deer in this area but I don' t think they have dropped there antlers yet. I am going to give them another week before going back if I can stay away that long. I love shedding.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:17 PM

I' m new to deer hunting but I do know how to look for signs! I' ll be going out either this week or the next. Hopefully I can find something! There is snow on the ground here, but hopefully it isn' t that bad. Where should I mainly look for them....trail areas?
Old 03-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes, around trails, and feeding areas. and I find most of mine in thick areas like low pines and on the edges of fields.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:59 AM
Spike

Found 2. A 5 point and a 4 point. I had a friend that saw a buck with both sides still on. He was a 10 point. The weather will be nice this weekend so Maybe I will be able to put some time in.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m going to head out this weekend. We' ve been covered up with snow, but it' s finally melting.
I usually don' t have alot of luck finding sheds, but I figure with all the snow, the deer have been much more concentrated, thus sheds may be easier to find. Hopefully, anyhow
Old 03-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

havent went out shed hunting this yr. but last yr we found 3
Old 03-06-2003, 09:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-07-2003, 03:17 PM

Found 4 so far, nothing to really brag about though. Largest is a 2 1/2 year old (5-point) scoring about 54" . We just got a few inches of snow on Monday and suppose to get up to 4" on Saturday. I' m sure it will set the shed hunting back another week or so. That could be a good thing however, rumors of bucks still carrying there antlers are everywhere.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:49 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Winter hasn' t let up much here but my son and I have found 22 so far. We are going out tomorrow but doubt we will be able to cover much ground with the cold temps and windchill. Sounds like next weekend will be real nice and I am planning on taking the following Monday and Tuesday off since he has spring break and we will go tromping for 4 days. Still a few bucks running with headgear on but now is the time to be looking. Goodluck to everyone.

Tim

Quick Reply: how many sheds have you found?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.