Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How much dous your land lease cost? >

How much dous your land lease cost?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much dous your land lease cost?

Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 AM

Default How much dous your land lease cost?

just looking for info here...how much does your hunting lease cost per acre per year?

also of interest....how many acres do you lease,and what part of the country do you hunt...and who mainly owns all of this leased land across the country.

Too, many guys do not lease land, but rather hunt public lands such as WMAs, how well does that work out for you guys? do you see and/or shoot as much or often as those who lease.

Thanks for letting me know.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How much dous your land lease cost?

In south Bama and northwest Florida land will average somewhere around $7 per acre plus insurance. I lease a couple of thousand acres out for a client and that is what I charge. The last time I went to a public land hunt, Barbour County WMA, I could see 4 or more hunters at all times I was in the woods. That was the last time I tried public land.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

37huntersx1000dollars each/12700 acres=2.9 dollars an acre. I hunt WMA's also. Some are good and some are just tough to hunt. You just have to know which ones will produce what you are looking for. Last year I remember sitting on a field edge in a WMA and could count 11 hunters covering about a hundred yard field. Could you imagine the fireworks if a hog came out into that.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Thanks guys. I have found here in mid Ga rates going higher...our place just went from $6 per acre to $10......all land owned by paper companies. Problem is big dollars are always waiting in the "wings" to pay any price....and leases disappear. Thanks again. Hopefully some more folks will chime in.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt approximately 1 square mile for deer and turkey meat plus some conversation. And for my rifle season its probably 2 square miles and he likes a big bottle of Crown Royal.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mottz

I hunt approximately 1 square mile for deer and turkey meat plus some conversation. And for my rifle season its probably 2 square miles and he likes a big bottle of Crown Royal.
Yep. My lease cost me a case of Mikes Hard Lemonade for a few hundred acres.I feel bad for the guys hunting WMA's and hunt club members. I used to either hunt elbow to elbow with Joe Blow on WMA's or spend a fortune to pick a number out of a hat for a stand location.

It isnt easy for hunters that dont have access to leases or private land. The price for everything goes up every year...and thousands of new hunters enters the woods each year. The neighborhoods are filling up the rural areas, so land is like owning an oil rig in texas.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I hunt public land and have more properties than I can even hunt. Would be nice to have something I didn't have to drive an hour to though.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have around a thousand acres of private propertythat I hunt for free for deer and turkeys . The land owner chargesthe turkey hunters something like 50 dollars a day to hunt there .
Old 06-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm forced to hunt public land due to the cost. i have a feeling leases will start going down in price due to the loss of members because of gas prices. average lease in my area exceeds $2,000.00.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:38 AM

I hunt public land and I have permission on another place not far from here. I also hunt behind my house, but I don't count my mortgage payment as a hunting expense. Our National Forest here is fairly remote, so it doesn't get the hunting pressure like some public land. Gas prices should keep the turnout low this year as well.

Quick Reply: How much dous your land lease cost?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.