Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Nebraska Whitetail Bowhunt (11/3 - 11/7) >

Nebraska Whitetail Bowhunt (11/3 - 11/7)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nebraska Whitetail Bowhunt (11/3 - 11/7)

Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nebraska Whitetail Bowhunt (11/3 - 11/7)

I just wanted to let folks here atHuntingnet know that2 friends & I have booked a bow hunt in Nebraska this fall (November 3rd - 7th). This outfitter came highly recommended by a friend of mine from who has hunted with him twice & is going back again this season. I also followed up on 4 of the references listed on their website- all 4 folks told me that this guy runs a first class service with great opportunities at trophy bucks without placing undue pressure on the resources. I will not name this outfitter on this forumas I do not, in any way want to give anyone the impression that I am advertising forhim. What I am trying to do, is invite you to participate in a very affordable huntfora trophy whitetail asa member of our party.

We will be hunting a tract of land that the Outfitter has been trying to acquire for the last 3 years and has finally landed this year. This outfitter knows the property very well as he is friends with the landowner's family. There will be a limit of only 4 bow hunters in our camp the week we are there. We are going the second week of only 3 weeks that this outfitter plans to hunt this tract of land. There will only be 4 bow hunterson this propertybefore us (the last week of October).

The outfitter told us that if we fill the last spot at our camp the week we're there, he'll knock the price down to $2000 from $2200. This includes everything- food, lodging, guiding services, stands all hung, pre-season food plot mgmt, deer patterning, shooting lanes cut,transportation to/from stands, post shot deer tracking, field dressing, skinning, prep for taxidermist....etc.... The cost of out-of-state tags is less than $200. There will be over 25 stands on 2500 acres on this private tract of landin north centralNebraska (about 17 miles south of the SD border).

The nearest major airport is Omaha, about 3 hours away.We are flying in on Sunday, 11/2 and flying out on Saturday, 11/8. It is a 5-day hunt. If any of you would like to join us, you are most welcome as it would be great to meet some of you in person. It's going to be a blast spending 5 days hunting midwestern whitetail bruisers with a bow. Just to give you an idea of the quality of the bucks running around this area- the minimum is 130"- oh yeah, they took a 181" buck off this new property last year. A picture of the rack is attached- this is the type of agricultural-fed bruiser thatis walking around this property!

The area that we will be hunting has never before been commercially hunted. It has been privately owned and hunted very little over the last 10 years. The 181 taken off the property last year washarvested byafriend of the landowner. Our Outfitter has exclusive hunting rights to this property during bow season this year.The property has already been shut down to everyone- they aren't even allowing campers on the property as trailcams are already up, stands are starting to be hung as main travel routes have been identified. There is an Indian wildlife refuge that borders the entire western property line of this acreage. There are some massive deer that live in the refuge but frequent onto the property we'll be hunting as our property has the better eats (Alfalfa, Soy Beans, Corn). We will be staying in a modern cabin with two bedrooms (2 full size beds in each room), a full kitchen, mud/equipment room & den/TV room. The father-in-law of our Outfitter, a native Nebraskan, will be our main guide/cook on this new parcel of land.

Let me know if you are interested injoining us forthis hunt- PM me, email me or give me a call.

Rob
781.484.6085 (m)
781.599.1727 (h)
[email protected]

Old 06-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nebraska Whitetail Bowhunt (11/3 - 11/7)

guys, if you got the time, and the money, you really need to jump onto this offer!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:59 PM

Good luck on your hunt. You'll be driving through my hometown on your way up there. I also hunt in North central Nebraska but not quite that far north. You should see some nice Muleys in that area too.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:05 PM

See this thread for deer found in North Central Nebr.
http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx...=&#2875019
Old 06-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be a great time to hunt here. Crops are just getting picked and deer are usually running everywhere. I got my own land but goodluck on filling your positions and if you get some good ones, show some pics. Good Luck!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Todd,
I could only be so lucky to have any whitetail deer like that stop broadside inside of 30 yards from my stand when I'm in Nebraska!

If the mounts in your Taxidermist's shop are any reasonable indication
of the quality of the bucks we'll see when hunting the Niobrara River Valley, all I can say is that this eastern boy will be very "tuned in"......

WOW !!!!

Rob
Old 06-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Your going to love it. I'll be in the same area the last week in Oct and the first two of Nov. I already have a nice ranch me and my buddies have leased.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

One of my buddies whose going on this trip just called last night- he got laid off. He may not be able to do the trip now. Any late takers interested? This was our 4th guy- we've been set for over a month in terms of 4 hunters & having the camp to ourselves......... now this

Give me a holler if you want to talk about it.

Rob
Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

bump