Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do you get deer to stop rampaging crops

With a 12 gauge and a case of slugs!
Old 03-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theres not much to do except to get rid of the deer. Putting up a fence would be useless, as a healthy deer could easily clear a fence 8 feet in height.

Good Luck on your paper
Old 03-01-2003, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

When they' re hungry they eat. When they' re sleepin their not eatin. The trick is to put them asleep permanently, get my drift. Bow,Shotgun,Rifle or Muzzleloader all of the above will get the job done. You also need a current Hunting License.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:42 PM

Go to a barber shop and get a bunch of hair...They will have a lot im sure, and spinkle that stuff everywhere...I' d say that it would work, unless its around a place where the deer are used to humans, but it still might work...OR...

Im sure a bunch of guys on here would love to hunt some down for you..lol
Old 03-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Human hair, blood meal etc, etc will only work for a short duration. If you are talking about acres of fields....my suggestion would be a crop damage permit.

If you are talking about a standard garden plot what I have done for years works!

Place the 6 foot wooden or metal garden stakes about every 6-10 feet around the perimeter of your garden. Get 20lb test clear fishing line and wrap around the stakes.......using an x pattern, also going horizontally several times.....the deer will feel the test line and not know what it is .....they will not cross it. Leave yourself an entrance though... Then the addition that really makes it work is Irish Spring Soap!! I usually cut the bars in half tie a piece of fishing line around each piece...or you can use cut up panty hose to put the soap into...... place the soap on each and every post and in between tying it to the fishing line. I have used this method for the past 20 years, and live in a very high density area for deer......
My son and I eat what I grow.......not the deer. It works.....
Old 03-01-2003, 06:11 PM

the frickin deer busted our fishing line. they didnt seem to care it was there. though the soap has kept them off a couple of pine trees they were rubbing
Old 03-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Irish Spring soap but Dial works well too. If you' re just protecting a few trees hanging deodorant soap from a branch at deer nose level has worked 100% for me. The bars last about a year before they need replacement. Other people spray soap solution on the trees for the same effect.

If you' re trying to keep deer out of a large area go to a company called" Forestry Supplies" . They sell deer repellant that can be sprayed over larger areas.

Dan O.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:07 PM

kill em.

slayer

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.