Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 whats your Largest buck taken? >

whats your Largest buck taken?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

whats your Largest buck taken?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default whats your Largest buck taken?

hey ya'll thought was bored so i thought id make a new post

In this show a PICTURE if you have one, your story, and what the buck scored!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whats your Largest buck taken?

Alrighty if you insist.
One morning I was in my stand and my dad was 100 yards away in another stand and I spot this deer coming down the side hill, (note before we get to far into the story... I have never shot a buck before so size doesn't matter), well it kept on coming and it got about 15 yards away and was just walking in circles trying to find something to eat. Well I got so exited that I drew back when it wasn't even broad side. lol. Well I ended up full draw for about 20 seconds (youknow how long that felt?.... like 20 hours)when the deer finally turned broad side. I let the arrow loose and perfect shot! The deer ran about 50 yards and dropped dead. Well I had a doe tag so i just stayed in my stand... Well a hour later it was lunch time and my dad called me and said that he was heading out, I said no wait walk to my stand real quick I want to show you something, he said okay. Well he finally arrived at my stand and he goes what did you want. I pointed off to the side and he got so happy. Well we ended up skipping lunch trying to get the deer out of the timber.

What did the buck score? Oh I would say bout 40"
Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's my best, just took him this past January at our family farm. He's a mainframe 8 point with 5 kickers of at least an inch and a half each. I haven't had him scored yet, but when I get the mount back I'm gonnatake him to the Buckmasters Expo here in Montgomery in August to have him officially scored. I figure he'll go about 145......what do you guys thinkhe scores??? Inside spread was 17.5, main beams were 21 and 22 I think, and that left G2 was 11 inches, just to give you an idea for an estimate.
Here's the story.......
The night before the hunt, I decided I wasn't waking up early to sit in 20 degree weather and thought I had turned off my alarm clock. Come 3:30 my alarm woke me up and I figured, "well why not just go!" I went to the spot I had planned on going where I saw some skint up cedars coming up the side of a hill out onto the power line. I climbed a tree at the edge of a power linefacing at an angle to give me a good view down into the opening where I hoped he'd come from. It was one of the coldest mornings of the season and thefog was some of the thickest I've ever hunted in.When I got settled in my stand and bundled up, I sprayed Harmon's Triple Heat scent alllllllllll over my boots.........way more than I usually do. After freezing my tail off for half an hour and takin a couple of 10 minute catnaps, it got exciting. At about 7:15, while the fog was still hanging around, I heard him come crashing up the hill with the rubs opposite the power line, but I couldn't see him yet. He was makin a lot of noise knockin his antlers on anything around him. He hung around about 15 yardsinside the woodline for more than 20 minutesuntil the fog liftedtheneased out to the edge of the power line on top of a small rise and looked around. He had no idea! He wasprobably about 70 yards out. I didn't have a clear vital shot, but I decided if I didn't shoot I would probably regret it. I took my only shot at his neck and he rolled down the power line into a briar patch. The best part about it, I was able to drive down the power line and throw him right in the truck, no dragging! Very very memorable hunt. I will NEVER forget it!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice deer. Planning to have him no the wall soon?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AndrewAP

nice deer. Planning to have him no the wall soon?
He should be done with it very soon. When I took it to him in January he said it'd be about June or July. I can't wait to see it, he does an excellent job. I'll definitely post pics when I get him back! Congrats on your first buck by the way! I remember my dad's face when he got to the truck and saw my first buck. I'll never forget it.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

He should be done with it very soon. When I took it to him in January he said it'd be about June or July. I can't wait to see it, he does an excellent job. I'll definitely post pics when I get him back! Congrats on your first buck by the way! I remember my dad's face when he got to the truck and saw my first buck. I'll never forget it.

neither will I, my dad was jumping up and down and everything. bit funny acually.
What was even funnier was my face when I had my bow pulled back...

Old 06-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was 2004 and Todd and I had spent the whole month of October on an awesome piece of property on the west side of Illinois I was chasing a 180 and Todd was after a huge non typical. Well I finally had my big boy pegged and new what run way he was going to use that night, and would you believe it he did but I was caught playing with my new binocs watching a 130 chase a doe all around the field. Well by time I hung up the bincos and started to pick up my bow the buck was only 10 yards and standing right behind me, Well as I picked up my bow the tip of the arrow caught a branch and bounced on my rest and the buck was gone. Todd still calls it the sound heard around the field just to rub it in. Well the very next day I had to leave this awesome piece of ground to head across the state to Effingham where I had three buddies coming down for a week hunt during the rut. I pulled into camp was there for maybe 5 minutes went over to the farm that Todd and I killed our bucks on the year before with one my buddies and there was NO sign not even tracks and my buddy said hedidn't want to hunt there that he was going back and would come back and pick me up at dark. Well I was in stand about 1/2 hour when I woods above me errupted with sounds of deer running, well 13 does a six point and a little 8pt came running right undr me and just stood there. Thats when I looked over to the edge of the field and this guy was crossing 25 yards to my right and the rest is history he only ran 30 yards after the shot. Main frame 10pt scored 153!!Walt
Old 06-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

man, i knew i should have bookmarked the kill thread.
i might be able to find it for the story

hes in my avatar, probably score around 105-110"
19" wide
Old 06-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Don't have a digital pic of my biggest whitetail, need to scan the old film. here is a pic of my largest and only mule deer buck. A 29" 4x4 with eye guards, not a complete monster, but heavy horned and nicely symetrical, and made a great mount. We glassed him across a canyon, and after a 2 mile hike/stalk and a 75 yard shot he was mine. Don't let the 4 wheeler fool you, this pic is after a 4 hour rope winch ordeal to get him out of a canyon, we wanted to bone him out, but it was so steep I had to tie his horns to a tree just to gut him, and you had to lay on the ground, climbing on all fours to keep from tumbling into the canyon farther. When I pulled out the gut pile it went about 400 yards down over cliffs into the canyon bottom.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

rory my brother has a buck that went 110 and i think it was a little smaller than that, i bet your buck goes 115,

Quick Reply: whats your Largest buck taken?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.