Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana.......... >

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

There are no wild wolves in IA...there is supposed to be a pack stocked by the DNR to keep the deer population down not far from my parents place. Some locals (otherwise reasonable people) swear by it. There are just too many people outdoors year round for it to be true, no pics, no dead wolves, no sightings by anyone else - nothing.

I highly doubt those are wild greys. I would love to know the full story.
http://perrycountynews.com/
Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty important part of the story, I would say!!! I rest my case,[:@]. That's the problem with " running " with hearsay, you drown in B.S. Surprised how quick the nephew got thrown under the bus[:-]
Old 05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

I saw one of those animals last month. It was 35 yards away. I live at least 6 miles from where it happened. Maybe they're starting to spread.
I think we'll come to find these animals hadn't been out and about for very long. I also doubt another will befoundsince the escapee's (or releasee's) have been killed. Time will tell.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

No different than cats or pigs. They become feral, or "wild" dogs. Usually the state will provide info on whether you can kill them or not, (outside of protecting pets or people). In Michigan we have a problem with feral pigs right now. The state wants them gone, but they have to get approval from each county. So far, all but a handfull of counties are co-operating so that hunters may take a pig if they see one.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 PM

The game warden confirmed that 4 of the canines that were shot here in southern Indiana were wild wolves. Wolves arent supposed to live down here anymore. He said if we see any, to shoot them. We have a very thick deer population, which means that since there are wolves here now, then they will probably spread pretty fast. I dont know where they came from, but we now have confirmed wolves. They kill a lot of deer too from what I hear. This might be bad.... or not. Who knows.
Where in Indiana do you live. I live in Brown County and I know that one guy that lives down the road from me has five or six wolves that he raised from pups. I'm pretty sure they got out once a few years ago to.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rhino259

The game warden confirmed that 4 of the canines that were shot here in southern Indiana were wild wolves. Wolves arent supposed to live down here anymore. He said if we see any, to shoot them. We have a very thick deer population, which means that since there are wolves here now, then they will probably spread pretty fast. I dont know where they came from, but we now have confirmed wolves. They kill a lot of deer too from what I hear. This might be bad.... or not. Who knows.
Where in Indiana do you live. I live in Brown County and I know that one guy that lives down the road from me has five or six wolves that he raised from pups. I'm pretty sure they got out once a few years ago to.
perry county. =]

I was out looking for arrowheads awhile ago, and I wasnt paying any attention to what was around me... I looked up, only to see a big coyote 30 feet away from me, it was in a little bunch of weeds out in the middle of the field I was in. As soon as I made eye contact, it turned and ran like a deer away from me lol.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went out to see a landowner a few years ago that had a black wolf on a chain that was attached to a long cable between two trees. That crazyessobee would sneak between the bushes and trees like he was stalking us while we were talking about his timber while standing in his yard. No way I would have an animal like that on my property.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 PM

This may sound ignorant but even if it were a wolf/yote hybrid, there would have to be a wolf somewhere for it to become a hybrid to begin with right? So even if it is a hybrid there has to be a wolf somewhere for the yote to have mated with..... or am i way off?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Many people tame or domesticate wolves and breed them. Do a search for wolf pups for sale and you get plenty of results. I dont think I would want one , but I guess a lot of people do.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

Many people tame or domesticate wolves and breed them. Do a search for wolf pups for sale and you get plenty of results. I dont think I would want one , but I guess a lot of people do.
YouCANNOTDomesticate a wild animal by raising it from when it was young. It still has wild in it and will always be wild.

Quick Reply: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.