Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ipod Nano in woods?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ipod Nano in woods?

I got a ipod nano for my b-day and im wondering if i should bring it hunting with me cause last year my old zen (non exspensive) it fell out my backpack it was in front pocket i guess it just happend im am wondering if i should bring my ipod this coming deer season or should i not take the chances cause ipods r exspensive what should i do
Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ipod Nano in woods?

Well as long as you can keep track of it and you want to take it go ahead. I have a nano also and love the thing. I probably won't take it hunting though.

I bought a case for mine I like alot its a clear hard plastic case that still lets you use it. I have it in my back pocket all the time. It protects the screen and the whole case. You may want to think about that first. I got it at Walmart for about 15 bucks. Other than that I don't see why taking it would hurt anything. I generaly like the sound of the woods more. But at work or at the gym I listen to mine alot.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have thought of taking mine with me but haven't yet. I am planning on getting my 8 year old daughter out in the woods for the first time this year and will bring her with. I don't want her whining when she gets bored. But as for myself, I don't see the point. I am so aware of every noise around me and go to the woods not only for the deer but to get away from all the man made sounds. I enjoy listening to the sounds of nature.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shouldn't you be listening to your surroundings???
Old 05-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

thats what i thought too. isnt one of the main reasons youre out there because youre trying to take in nature, and to get away from everything.
jmo
Old 05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

X3!
Are you hunting or what? Not much of a hunting stratagy question!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't tell you how many times my ears have picked up deer movement before my eyes. If I was listenning to tunes there are a number of deer I'm sure that I would have missed. The last song I listen to before I get out of the truck is "Fred Bear". It stays with me all day.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

I totally agree cause I love listening one thing i dont like is when people r moving around and making lots of noise i might sometimes when im in a box stand but sometimes i go just to have fun i try to make it as a enjoyable exsperince as i can sometimes there is serius hunts where i want to hunt alone and actualy hunt and study my soroundings but there are also time when im with a friend and we listen to music and just have a good time so depends
Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't really decifer "text speak" so don't know what to tell you.
I go to the woods to hunt - not listen to music or play games.

Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bayou,

Most people go in the woods to enjoy the woods, relax and listen for deer and not sounds of humans. But everyone does it their own way. If you enjoy going out and listening to music and looking around, so be it.

I've gotten bored and needed to take a break from intently listening for deer. I've played games on my cellphone. I thought about loading some videos on my Nano for season but the games are likely what I'll do. No noise and a distraction when I get tired.

Bottom line...do what makes you happy. But if your worried about the Nano just make sure you keep track of it. They are a bit expesive.

Quick Reply: Ipod Nano in woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.