Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opinions on Mounting Does

Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 PM

Default Opinions on Mounting Does

I just wondered what everyones opinions were on getting a Doe mounted. Nothing i can do about it now but my first deer i've ever taken was a doe. I really wanted to get it mounted because it was my first deer but some of my friends just kind of snickered so i didn't get it mounted. Looking back on it i really, really wish i would have, i'm never going to get my first deer back again.[&o]
Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opinions on Mounting Does

Your not on this earth to please others, you should have gotten it mounted.There's nothing wrong with mounting a doeanyway. Oh well, you can always get your second deer mounted!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I have a doe mounted. Nothing special about her. She is just a typical, Michigan, northern lower peninsula doe.

I am a deer hunter, not a big antler hunter. I think a doe makes agreat addition to a trophy room.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

That doe looks good.I am wanting to get a doe mounted to put in between my 8 and 10 pt.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

The weekend of July 4th, 1975, my youngest brother and I had the greatest fishing outing I have ever had...My first 3 bass were 6 1/4, 6 3/4 and 7 1/2 pounds...Previous to this my biggest had been 4 1/2 pounds, I was 20...

My uncle said, "You're young, you'll catch plenty larger than that, don't mount it, it's a waste of money..."

I never have...Each morning when I open my place of business, I still grin when I see that fish...You see, that was also the last time my dad was able to make it down there with us, he died Labor Day weekend that year...He bragged to everyone for three weeks about the stringer of bass that my brother and I came in with...

Don't let other's ideas of "trophys" dictate what makes you happy, enjoy each trip because none of us are guaranteed another....
Old 04-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mount it in 2 peices threw a wall. Backend in the living room fron end in the den.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM

personally I would never mount a doe
Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

I think they look great! and if you have a den or trophy room it is a nice addition! cant wait till have some extra noney to do one!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a euro mount done on my son's first doe. Came out really nice...
Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mount is to help relive memories, nothing more. If the hunt was memorable for any particular reason, then go for it! It's for you only , not others.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Mounting Does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.