Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tree stands

Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Spike

Default tree stands

I am looking to buy a portable treestand that I can move around the bush fast with less noise and fast to go up trees?
I do alot of checking out new areas to hunt. I hunt in heavy bush, lots of evergreens and big hardwoods
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tree stands

If your wanting a Climbing Stand and you have a long ways to haul it through the woods go with any brand that has an aluminum stand....Summit,Gorilla,Hunters View are all good stands.If you want a ladder stand the Big Dog tree stands are pretty good...I have the "Fow Hound" 1-man ladder stand that is fairly easy to haul in the woods to set up.These are made of steel and I can't think off-hand if anyone makes a ladder stand out of aluminum?
Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit
Old 04-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm partial to Lone Wolf stands. They have great construction, light weight, quiet, and very stable. I have the sit and climb and just got an Assault hang on yesterday. They're pricey, but worth it.