Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ground Blinds?

Old 01-01-2002, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ground Blinds?

Can anyone suggest a good hunting blind for me and my son.I am taking him shotgun hunting next year for his fist time.Deer hunting that is. Thanks.Blind about blinds.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ground Blinds?

We use whatever tress and bushes are around us.In my case it's Palmetto's and fallen branches.Anything to make it look natural.
Old 01-01-2002, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ground Blinds?

For shotgun I would recomend using a natural blind like FL. Huntress recomended, except in our case it would be honeysuckle, fenclines, brush, ect. Or you can get a small ground blind that are about 3 ft tall, they are easy to come by, and fairly inexpensive. Or you can go the expensive route like I did for bowhunting and get a full blind. Myn is a 6 ft by 6 ft roofed blind that cost about 125 dollars. But I would go with one of the first two ideas for shotgun since it doesnt require as much movement, and the deer don't have to be so close.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Where are yall hunting ? A ground blinds ok, get one big enough to be comfortable, if you can I love my 2 man 65 pound tree stand , and the downward shot helps tracking. I'll half to look to see what kind of pop ups I own . I have a primos blind that's still in use but the zippers stuck 3/4 open and it's leaked since I got it. I got a single 45 lb tree stand for $65 and the 65 lb 2 man stand for $90 both at walmart. Should be cheaper now that the seasons almost over
Old 01-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blessed n born to hunt
Where are yall hunting ? A ground blinds ok, get one big enough to be comfortable, if you can I love my 2 man 65 pound tree stand , and the downward shot helps tracking. I'll half to look to see what kind of pop ups I own . I have a primos blind that's still in use but the zippers stuck 3/4 open and it's leaked since I got it. I got a single 45 lb tree stand for $65 and the 65 lb 2 man stand for $90 both at walmart. Should be cheaper now that the seasons almost over
Why do people keep bringing up these threads that have been dead for eons like this one that was 14 years old?! FYI those people haven't been on this site for a long time, so they won't be reading your post to them even though it may have been well intended!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks ,I don't know how I got one that old ,I usually pick new post assuming I've seen the rest mostly, thanks I'll have to look at the try looking closer
Old 01-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lady Forge
Can anyone suggest a good hunting blind for me and my son.I am taking him shotgun hunting next year for his fist time.Deer hunting that is. Thanks.Blind about blinds.
I build them out of tree tops a lot of times if I'm cutting timber. Just stack it up like a log cabin from limbs cut about 8 feet long.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Top this thread was started in 2002, it is now 2017, unless my calculator is broke this thread is just about 15 and 2 days years old.

This born to hunt guy is digging these from the past this is the second one today that old.

Al
Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

.....thinking that the original Poster has been waiting 15 years and 2 days for a reply,Her Son has probably graduated from College by now!
Old 01-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where are yall hunting ?
They are going in 2003.

Quick Reply: Ground Blinds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.