Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Favorite Hunt

Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Hunt

Well this probably isnt what you were talking about but here goes. Me and my hunting buddies, about 8 of us, used to make a trip down to south texas every year for abot 9 years running. We were hog hunting for an entire week on 12000 acres. This hunt produced more good times than I can even begin to tell. We used to see some of the biggest whitetail deer that I have laid eyes on, of course none of us could afford them deer down there....Well, sadly it all came to an end when theywanted to run the price up and commercialize the hog hunting as well........Lots of good hunts involved with these trips....
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Just about all the hunts I got to go on with my Dad and Uncle as a kid.. I would give anything to be able to hunt with them again..
Old 04-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't had my favorite hunt yet, my son is still too young to hunt.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me and my buddy drove from NH to Butler, Alabama to deer hunt Arrow Head Lodge.
I had gotten divorced the year before and my Dad died a few months before the trip.
Almost got killed doing 80MPH when the traffic went to a dead stop, glass was bouncing off the windshield, as we narrowly missed a few semi and a dozen vehicles.
Got my first, second, third and fourth deer while down there.
Nothing less than therapy!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:40 AM

My best hunt was a crisp snowy morning when a 12 point monster, and I mean monster, showed up to teach me a lesson. I was in a climber and caught off guard, and at the sight of him I just froze up. He was the most spectacular creature I'd ever seen, and he was gone before I recovered. Great lesson learned and truly a wonderful buck. If I could do it all again, he'd be down in a flash.