Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The smells of hunting

Old 03-13-2008, 10:51 AM
AAA
Spike

Default The smells of hunting

Iwas walking into a convenience store today when I passed by an idling diesel pickup. The first thing that popped into my head when the smell hit my nose was HUNTING! About the only time I'm exposed to the sweet smell of burnt diesel are my annual hunting trips out of state. One of my hunting buddies has always had diesels and now the smell triggers those memories.
I was wondering what smells trigger your fondest hunting memories?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The smells of hunting

The smell of dried scent killer and alot of it.I had my face mask in my pack with my scent killer,and the bottle came open and soaked my mask.Well i dried it out and wore it all day and that is all i smelled,the smell of dirt,and i killed a good buck that day to.Every time i use my scent killer or get a wiff of it,i think of that day.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smell of hound dogs and gun powder! Also sardines, which i eat occasionally for lunch
Old 03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Honestly, (and disgustingly), sometimes my brother will have gas that smellspretty similar to gutting a deer when the stomach is open. Not like I seek out this smell, but its a definite memory trigger.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
AAA
Spike

You are NOT saying that the smell of you brothers a$$ reminds you of hunting are you? Thats the best one yet!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kmunny19

Honestly, (and disgustingly), sometimes my brother will have gas that smellspretty similar to gutting a deer when the stomach is open. Not like I seek out this smell, but its a definite memory trigger.
Couldn't you come up with just one smell a little more pleasant than that....that's a bad memory trigger.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

That would trigger me to kick my brothers @$$ whenever he farted around me.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Hoppes and remoil does it for me. Beef jerky too.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Couldn't you come up with just one smell a little more pleasant than that....that's a bad memory trigger.
I wish I could, but that's the one that sticks out.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

TINKS 69

Quick Reply: The smells of hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.