Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I'm so proud of my wife

Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm so proud of my wife

Ok I call home a few minutes ago and am talking to my wife. Getting an update on what the kids are doing etc. She says "We'rewatching Fox and the Hound"[]

Then She sayshow badDisney is at putting in thier oppinons. She's talking about how the hunter/trapperis shownlike this evil person etc. I'm smilingthe whole timelistening to herbecauseof course I alreadyknew this about Disney. But for her to say it is something.

She doesn't hunt. She doesn't even eat the deer meat I get. She does fish occasionaly. When I married her shewouldn't try any new foods and when we went out it was cheeseburgers and fries. She wouldn't ever think of camping or realy going outside much. Two years ago we spent 9 days camping in Alaska. LOL

I think I might be getting to her. LOL

I'm still working to get her to at least eat the animals I get. My kids do so maybe one day she will.

I just thought I'd brag on her a bit.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I'm so proud of my wife

you are a lucky man,my EX-WIFE wouldn't eat or cook wild game or fish,so you know how that worked out.I decided that if I had to cook the things that I loved,that I didn't need her around fussing about the mess I made cooking so I got rid of her,there's always one that will,just haven't found her yet,but I'm having a great time looking for the last 8 years!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Jason,

Pretty cool. I understand what you mean. I'm in the same boat. My wife hates hunting, hates guns and doesn't get any of it, but for my birthday yesterday she got me some flourecent organge and camo stuff and gave me $100 towards my "gun" fund. She won't eat anything that I catch except a little bit of trout. She still doesn't get it and we don't share the same opinions in this area but she loves me enough to support me. I keep hoping that my example will change her opinions some day, but not sure it will ever be.

good luck to you!

Spud
Old 03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't say she's against hunting. However she thinks I'm crazy to go out in the woods and in the cold. She won't cook anything I kill which is funny to me. Because she fixes beef and chicken etc without a complaint. Guess she still has Bambi (Another Disney influence)in her head.

The truth of it is she grew up with beef, chicken, and pork and was never made to try anything. She hates it actually and makes the kids try stuff all the time. Yet, she doesn't do that herself. She knows it means alot to me for the kids to not grow up super picky the way she used to be. But habits die hard I guess.

She has had deer BTW but a friend had made it and she didn't know it was deer. She was headed back for seconds when our friend told her not to eat it because it was deer. I had to laugh. She admits its all in her mind. but can't seem to get over it. Maybe one day especialy if the kids work on her. LOL

Old 03-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

THATS TOO BAD

Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya, disneys pretty bad about it
Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason,fix her a nice cut of Deer Loin or cut it in a small strip,wrap it around a jalepeano' pepper and wrap that in bacon,run a tooth pick thru it alland cook it on the grill....she'll never even know it is Deer!

My Wife isn't crazy about Deer meat either but she loves it when I have it made into sausage or deer bologna....my 2 Daughters love it all including the deer jerky and deer sticks!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

GTO,

she's had it and didn't know. I can cook a steak so someone can't tell. But she won't try it. I think if I trick her I'll end up on the couch for longer than I care to. LOL

Seriously though I have to try your recipe. Sounds awesome.

I have some thawn out in the fridge now.

Now my kids can't get enough. I made up a batch of jerky two weekends ago. I don't think they have stopped eating it.
I have to hide it.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Fork Horn

Jason
is it ez to make jerky? never tried it.. maybe i should..

Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 AM

I dated a girl once that didnt like spending time outside, because everytime she would come in the house she would complain that she smelled like "outside". I have never heard of smelling like outside. But buy the end of ten months and two weeks, she had caught so many fish, killed 2 squirrels, a bird, and a opossum.
After teaching her to shoot a gun, I taught her to shoot a bow. It didnt take that long to teach, you just have to get on thier level, and make them understand.

I normally just took her to the lake and put a rod in her hand,but then she asked me to take her fishing one time. So i knew i was wearing off on her.

So Jason just put a little time and effort in it and wait. Time is the key!!

Quick Reply: I'm so proud of my wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.