HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Is Bigfoot real? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/234715-bigfoot-real.html)

salukipv1 02-26-2008 08:01 PM

Is Bigfoot real?

Is he out there?

If he is and you saw him while hunting, do you shoot him? let him walk and be content knowing he's real?

Goodgrief 02-26-2008 08:12 PM

RE: Is Bigfoot real?

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Is he out there?

If he is and you saw him while hunting, do you shoot him? let him walk and be content knowing he's real?
Don't know if he/she exists, wouldn't surprise meif it did. And if I seen him or her hunting, I would not shoot for two reasons. #1. I ain't gunna eat it, and #2. Ain't got no tag fer 'em.

backnaction34 02-26-2008 08:19 PM

I dont think hes real. i think the photos of him that people have taken are actually my x mother n law
brings up a question of my own though... I ve heard "tales" of a guy, in NC, who went hunting with his buds this past fall. When he got to his stand there was a Gorrila in his ladder stand.Getting to his stand before daylight, he shined his light up and there it was. After a long morning of Q&A the gamewarden informed them that it had escaped from a near by zoo many weeks prior. I was just wondering if this "tale" had any truth to it?

Its enough to make you check your stand before entering it ....huh?

Armybowhunter28 02-26-2008 08:24 PM

If you look at the video taken back in the 1970's where he is walking threw timber and the test that monster quest did and it makes you wonder if he is real. I would really like to see him, but I would not shoot him only take pics.

BigTiny 02-26-2008 09:00 PM

I don't think he's real, but if I saw him in the woods, I would shoot him. No way I'm telling a story like that without proof.

SouthDakotaHunter 02-26-2008 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: backnaction34

I dont think hes real. i think the photos of him that people have taken are actually my x mother n law
That's funny :D No, I don't think he's real either...

Bocajnala 02-26-2008 09:17 PM

i think they arereal...and I would shoot him a bunch..... with my camera...... i always carry a camera just in case I see big foot...or a cougar..... but I do think they are real

claydee 02-26-2008 09:43 PM

Not real, but if you did shoot him, the libs would probably string you up for murder 1st degree!:D

hillbilly archer 02-26-2008 10:00 PM

Not real, but if you did shoot him, the libs would probably string you up for murder 1st degree!
Yeah, if a person shot one, they would deserve to go to trial for murder since we all know it would be a person in a suit. Bigfoots don't exist.

salukipv1 02-26-2008 10:41 PM

Seriously thats a good point, probably why we don't have one on the ground.....don't want to take a shot at a man in a monkey suit. That would be murder, though on some monster show I saw them talking about how if bigfoot turned out to be a human relative in a sense, that would be killing a homo sapian, ie man, and therefore qualify as murder, pretty crazy.

My aunt sometimes speaks about a animal she and her brother saw jump across the road, northwoods of wis, near hayward, wasn't a deer, maybe a cat, dark, maybe black in color, fun to hear around a fire in a cabin etc....

englum_06 02-26-2008 11:18 PM

I think there's SOMETHING out there. Too muchout therefor there to not be some kind of truth behind it. Just my thinking though, I also believe in aliens and all that good stuff too.

whitetaildreamer 02-26-2008 11:55 PM

If you are stupid enough to go out dressed in a costume trying to look like bigfoot then get shot you deserve what you get. To the point of shooting one....I would have no problem shooting one for sake of science. Yeah you may get condemmed for shooting it but you would have solved the mystery. If there is one then there must be more. By shooting one then you would bring the attention for the need to protect the rest. The sacrafice of one may be the salvation for the others. Do I believe they exist? I don't really know to tell the truth. Anything is possible so it's hard for me to say no with out definite proof. Not to open another can of worms but even the bible addresses the issue of a man not believing unless he actually sees something himself...just ask Thomas. Sorry in advance if this reasoning offended anyone.

bryant1 02-27-2008 06:00 AM

Personally, i dont believe in them.

But, I have a friend who swears him and hiswife saw one, or something that looked like a gorilla walking down the road this past year- I wouldnt believe it at all but his pregnant wife was with him and she saw it too- twice. He tried to get his scope on it and it dissapeared off the side of the road. They drove fast up to where they saw it and couldnt find any tracks (limerock road) or see it again. Suddenly about 100 yds down the road it appeared again and he jumped out and tried to get his scope on it, but it was too dark at this point. I forgot to mention we were running dogs and he wouldnt stay down therewithout us to catch his dogs- it freaked him out badly!There are reports from loggers who say they have seen something too. Oh, and down in the south we call them skunk apes- not Bigfoot.

If they exist i think someone would have shot one by now.

Splitear_Leland 02-27-2008 06:14 AM

Heck yeah he's real. He's in my living room right now eating a bowl of Captain Crunch and watching Spongebob. Why would you even think about shooting him. Last year he helped me drag a deer out, and has been living in my basement ever since. He smells a bit, but all in all he's a pretty cool dude.

AUTiger 02-27-2008 06:57 AM

1. I would shoot in a new york minute - and hold an auction for the rights to the story and body - major $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. I would like some clarifaction on the above sentence - But, I have a friend who swears him and his girlfriend saw one, or something that looked like a gorilla walking down the road this past year- I wouldnt believe it at all but his pregnant wife was with him and she saw it too

Your friend has some huge ballz to have the girlfriend and prenant wife together -

RugerM77.270 02-27-2008 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: AUTiger

1. I would shoot in a new york minute - and hold an auction for the rights to the story and body - major $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. I would like some clarifaction on the above sentence - But, I have a friend who swears him and his girlfriend saw one, or something that looked like a gorilla walking down the road this past year- I wouldnt believe it at all but his pregnant wife was with him and she saw it too

Your friend has some huge ballz to have the girlfriend and prenant wife together -
Just what I was thinking.

hunterboy2008 02-27-2008 07:40 AM

Yes I think big foot is real I would shoot it and sell it to scientist for MONEY!

ABarOfSoap 02-27-2008 09:19 AM

ID be scared to shoot him, because he looks like a guy in a gorrila suit, and i dont want to go to jail for murder.

GRIZZLYMAN 02-27-2008 11:03 AM

I wouldn't shoot him....couldn't afford the taxidermy bill. :D

Lanse couche couche 02-27-2008 11:09 AM

I actually think that there are laws on the books in at least one state in the northwest that would make it a crime to shoot a bigfoot. Wouldnt be an issue with me anyway because i am rarely out in the woods with enough gun to take on a 7 foot tall, 400 pound animal. I would much prefer the run like hell strategy[:-]

bryant1 02-27-2008 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I actually think that there are laws on the books in at least one state in the northwest that would make it a crime to shoot a bigfoot. Wouldnt be an issue with me anyway because i am rarely out in the woods with enough gun to take on a 7 foot tall, 400 pound animal. I would much prefer the run like hell strategy[:-]
Oregon had/hasone law against it(Dont ask me how i remember that- I am full of useless knowledge....)

Lanse couche couche 02-27-2008 11:25 AM

Me too. There was a point in the early 80s when i think that i read most of the books written about bigfoot. Funny that the vast majority of these books just recycle the same reports, films, and photos to the extent that a book published in 2000 pretty much has the same content as one published in 1975. Ditto for the various film documentaries.

Goodgrief 02-27-2008 11:31 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I think there are laws against profiting from a crime that you have been convicted of. And if you shoot him/her and there is no season or tag, that in fact would be a crime.

36fan 02-27-2008 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Goodgrief

If I'm not mistaken, I think there are laws against profiting from a crime that you have been convicted of. And if you shoot him/her and there is no season or tag, that in fact would be a crime.
Tell OJ that!

Well, I guess OJ was convicted, but he stil lost the civil suit

cjwink 02-27-2008 12:14 PM

Nah.. I don't buy it.. And I wouldn't shoot it if I saw it.. I would be trying to clear my vision..

AUTiger 02-27-2008 12:52 PM

He IS COMING RIGHT FOR US -- BANG!! - crying there was nothing i could do it was me or him -

Or -looked like he had a broken leg/wounded and i thought i would do him a favor - not like he can go to the hospital

Has no one ever watched south park

Goodgrief 02-27-2008 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 36fan

ORIGINAL: Goodgrief

Tell OJ that!

Well, I guess OJ was convicted, but he stil lost the civil suit
He was aquitted of the criminal charges, he lost the civil case (money).

MBBobby 02-27-2008 02:45 PM

Don't shoot!!! Its actually your neighbor playing a trick on you. Which people in Northern Manitoba actually do.

Grandviewer 02-27-2008 02:46 PM

Shoot it and get it mounted - full standing posse.

vmartin 02-27-2008 03:34 PM

I BET THERE IS A GUY ON JIGITY TRAIL THAT SHOT HIM AND THEN PUNCHED HIM IN HIS DAD GUM JAW! LOL

johnnybravoo77 02-27-2008 03:49 PM

I BET THERE IS A GUY ON JIGITY TRAIL THAT SHOT HIM AND THEN PUNCHED HIM IN HIS DAD GUM JAW! LOL
Now thats funny!

excalibur43 02-27-2008 04:02 PM

I don't believe it exists, but if I did see one while I was hunting, I would put the smackdown big time on old Sasquatch, take plenty of pictures, and then turn him in to the proper authority so he could be studied, and everyone could be educated about this species.

crazycoonhunterNE 02-27-2008 04:17 PM

No way is it real.

Rhody Hunter 02-27-2008 05:39 PM

I don't think he is real just folklore stories handed down through generations

Bake North 02-27-2008 06:56 PM

I am not sure if they are real,but if I did see one while out hunting I would probabley shoot.There is only one way to make believers out of people and that is to show them the real thing.Take a picture and everyone would be saying the same thing they have for years.

backnaction34 02-27-2008 07:12 PM

You guys are funny! If big foot was real one of us would have seen him from the stand and he would have already been shoot! We wouldnt even be having this pole cuz he d be dead. . . .Ever had a bear stand on his hind legs in low light in front of ya? Never seen it but Im sure they can probly run standing up also, at least walk. Get real there is no big foot!!!

hillbilly archer 02-27-2008 07:16 PM

I can't believe so many people actually think they may exist. There is no way, no doubt in my mind. They simply don't exist. There is always a story or reason why there is no evidence. This has been going on for decades, if they did exist, then there would be some proof, somewhere.

MOhunter46 02-27-2008 07:56 PM

Not real

A11en 02-27-2008 08:03 PM

Are you serious? This entire thread is crazy talk

Bocajnala 02-27-2008 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: vmartin

HAHA!!!! I never thought i'd see a jiggity trail post again! but I bet if you went up der on de jiggity trail der about da sunrise der youd see onna them der bigfoots jiiggying right down the trail there carrying a ten point buck der.