Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Milo Hanson Buck

Old 02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Milo Hanson Buck

My guess would be and only a guess but if that deer would have made it to 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 he most likely would have added junk and stikers and they would have been deductions, It is the clean antlers that makes him score so well!! Walt
Old 02-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe alot of world class bucks have smaller bodies.....read that somewhere also have seen some pics of monsters and did notice that characteristic. Certainly the hanson buck doesn't have the mass, and I believe it was young like 3.5yrs old. Which seems to make sense since little mass, I think mass tends to be added later on.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I get the impression that Shokey would be a great guy to be around/hunt with. Is that impression correct?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

I agree stikbow, another year or two and that deer probably would have added some junk.

I also love the fact that it was shot with a Winchester Model 88 (my dad has one that was his dad's)...it's not a very common gun that you see everyday.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also agree that he probably would have added a lot of junk with an extra couple of years. Would have been interesting to see how his rack matured...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I get the impression that Shokey would be a great guy to be around/hunt with. Is that impression correct?
Always joking and acts like just another one of the guys.If you ever read his articles in Big Buck magazine,etcin the earlier years when he freelanced, everybody could relate.Told it like it was but added just enoughBS to make it interesting...lol They were so good b/c he was';t trying to be somebody he was just Jim, an avid hunter who like all of us had his share of downs with the odd up. Basically an average Joe who knew how to pen a goodstory.

He's bigtime now and when it comes to hunting he's allbusiness. Living the dream, who can blame him. He got to where he is by beinga good hunter, an even better businessmanand a guypeople just like.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

I have seen both the Hanson buck and the Jordan buck in person, and while there is no denying the impressiveness of the Hanson buck ,the Jordan buck has to be seen to be appreciated. In terms of sheer mass, including the individual tines (which doesn't count on the score) the Jordan buck was the more impressive of the two. Either way, both were / are worthy of their World Record status.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kid

I have seen both the Hanson buck and the Jordan buck in person, and while there is no denying the impressiveness of the Hanson buck ,the Jordan buck has to be seen to be appreciated. In terms of sheer mass, including the individual tines (which doesn't count on the score) the Jordan buck was the more impressive of the two. Either way, both were / are worthy of their World Record status.
I agree 100%.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM

this thing could have been a real monster in a few years
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Even though that buck might have been only three and 1/2 years old. no one who has ever hunted deer could honestly say that they could pass on that bruiser

Quick Reply: The Milo Hanson Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.