HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   poachers?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/234291-poachers.html)

907Alaska 03-13-2008 12:24 AM

RE: pochers??

Spot lights and many shots at 2:00am out in the sticks equal poachers here in Southern California, we have found a doe that was shot with what seemed to be .22's and ran and died later. We were camping about 1/2mi away heard the shooting around 2:00am, found the doe 2 days later. When we contacted DFG nothing happened, we have been back to this spot several times and the same thing happens, shots at all hours of the night and many spotlights. Some times there's large bore weapons fire in the middle of the night...Calls to DFG just go to silence...Go figure...Game Wardens are losing their jobs here, so they are never around. We go to this primitive campground to hunt coyotes in the off season. Maybe they are coyote hunters...but I doubt it!

ducksmoker 03-13-2008 03:54 AM

through the eyes of a game warden its hard to be on every dirt road at one time alot of states have only one warden in a county and some have to patrol 2 an 3 countys. its just being at the right place at the right time. The one thing you can be sure of is by you calling in an reporting these guys it is logged down after others have called in a activity pattern will start to show as in days an times. Everyone has a honey holepoachers are the same it may take a year or two get them but it will happen. Another problem for a warden is to get access to private property in the right spot to over look roads or set up decoys and it still comes down to you have to be their at the right time. its not any fun to be out their doing it right an you have guys that arecrippling more game then they get. in most states you can get online an see how many wardens are in a county an get contact info to them also try the sheriff's dept a lot of countys use them to help out

Edcyclopedia 03-13-2008 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Interesting scenario is how would you have felt if the game warden had found you all before you knew that the spot was baited and busted all of you? Would you all be poachers?
Good point!
However, the piece of information that's inside my little brain that I didn't write about because I only had so much time is...
At the ending of the sting the game warden shared his findings with us, and had caught the land owner in the act of dumping corn, shooting many ducks over the limit, as well as finding freezers (that's more than 1 freezer) full of duck.

People... The post, which most people contributed to, were about stories, about poaching, not grammer or a missed detail.
So I appologize for the confusion I caused the people that wanted to spend their waking hours arguing my story.
It's truely laughable, wow!

Lanse couche couche 03-13-2008 06:25 AM

Most folks here love nothing more than to spend their waking hours arguing, so you made their day. [&:]

Edcyclopedia 03-13-2008 08:21 AM

Understood.
Oh boy!

ducksmoker 03-13-2008 10:29 AM

Edcyclopedia most wardens are pretty cool an i liked your story i would hate to be that dude those are fed charges an he may got hit with a charge of volition of the migratory bird treaty P.L. 105-312 . i have some stories an a few that really stand out of just how clever some of these guys get

Hick442 03-13-2008 01:12 PM

On my property someone shot a nice big deer and hacked the head off. They caught the guy but nothing was done about the paoching but he still went to jail for carring a firearm when he wasn't suppose to or somthing like that.