Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Texas Hill Country Lease Needed!! >

Texas Hill Country Lease Needed!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Texas Hill Country Lease Needed!!

Old 02-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Texas Hill Country Lease Needed!!

Help needed!!!!!
We just found out our East Texas deer lease is being sold out from under us. We were hoping to keep it for one or two more years and then move on to a good Hill Country or South Texas lease. However due to losing this lease we need to find a place to hunt now!
We have decided to lower our sights some. We are not looking for a high dollar, high quality lease.
What we need is enough land for three people to be able to hunt, see a few animals, and get a little deer meat, while enjoying the fun and fellowship of camping at a reasonable price!
I know that's a tall order to fill, but if any of you know of any small - tract Hill Country landowners that would be willing to lease land to three very responsible hunters, please let me know! We are very easy to get along with, and would be willing to help with the work on the land, as well as pay!
Thanks, Frank
Old 02-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Texas Hill Country Lease Needed!!

Call the chamber of Commerce in a town you are interested in. They sometimes keep a lease registry. Also the local taxidermy and deer processing plants are good sources of info. I believe that the Texas Parks and wildlife also keeps a lease registry. And check out the classified sections of hill country newspapers online. There are usually a few ads there. Depends on where you live, but I would suggest Bandera, Kerrville, Fredricksburg, Llano, Junction, and Mason. Good luck

You can email with with you name and email address and if I hear of anything I will let know. I own such a lease, but have 3 great leasors and they should be renewing. My place is south of Junction.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Tx!
I couldn't find your e-mail address, mine is [email protected]
Old 02-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

email address is in my "profile". There is also an email tab at the top of my post. That said, I will email you.

Venor ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)