Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sportsman Channel

Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Sportsman Channel

I received a call from them asking me if I would call Dish Network and request that their channel be added to the programing schedule. I called the 800-333-DISH number, just took a minute and made the request. Anybody else out there that is interested just make the call.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Sportsman Channel

I thought I read on here that Dish was adding another outdoors type channel. Anyone else remember this.

I found it, they said it is called "The Pursuit Channel" and that it is supposed to be on channel 230 starting sometime this month.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Spike

I have direct TV and they just added a channel called the Maximum Adventure Network...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, on Direct TV, they just added one on #608, it's alot of repeated low budget shows like.... hunting lease tv or some exercise machine infomercialorbuying your own peice of land etc.I was excited when it first aired but once you watch it for a day or two you've seen everything.[8D]

Oh wait, there's a "how so save your prostate infomercial on the outdoor network on #606.[] Nothing like experiencing the outdoor lifestyle on the so-called outdoor channels but geez there is so much non related junk associated with em.......this knife retails in stores for$120but act now and we'll throw in an additional 35 piece assortment for only bla ba bla Ba BLaaAAA.......where's the remote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: doubleA

Yeah, on Direct TV, they just added one on #608, it's alot of repeated low budget shows like.... hunting lease tv or some exercise machine infomercialorbuying your own peice of land etc.I was excited when it first aired but once you watch it for a day or two you've seen everything.[8D]

Oh wait, there's a "how so save your prostate infomercial on the outdoor network on #606.[] Nothing like experiencing the outdoor lifestyle on the so-called outdoor channels but geez there is so much non related junk associated with em.......this knife retails in stores for$120but act now and we'll throw in an additional 35 piece assortment for only bla ba bla Ba BLaaAAA.......where's the remote
You didn't happen to get a number for that knife deal did you? That sounds like a bargain.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Typical Buck

1-800-GUT-Hook
Old 02-19-2008, 02:20 PM

I have dish network and I just called the pursuit channel in Alabama, they told me the deal with dish network fell through and they won't be on dish. They did tell me that the pursuit channel will air on direct tv around March 26. I have been waiting for this channel on dish since I read this thread and now it ain't happening.[:@]
Old 02-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

I thinkeveryone who has Dish should call and let them know how unhappy the hunting community is. I called them when they "couldn't reach an agreement" with the Sportsman Channel and dropped that. As soon as my contract is over, I am changing. More PC BS that isn't allowing these channels and shows to make it on the air.