Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A very hot winter

Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A very hot winter

Yep, global warming. This time of year in my area we usually measure the ice sheet in feet when ice fishing instead we have 8-10 inches. We've had a few thaws already as well. Not normal.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

global warming is a fact, it just doesnt effect some states yet due to them being northern or high alt.
Global warming- better known as Global Climate Change. Key word is GLOBAL-meaning the entire world. I'm pretty sure that the Global Warming bugs didn't select just a few states to pick on. Global Warming has had a steady effect on temperature increase in the worldespecially the last 30 years being a sharp incline. Still, if you look at graphs showing the increase in temperature there will be years where it drops down before rising again the next year. Look at the topgraph, granted it is in Celsius there are peaks and valleys since 1950, but still a steady increase.

http://www.ecobridge.org/content/g_evd.htm

All i meant by that is,it doesnt effect some states to the point where they get 0 inches of snow when they normally get over 30 inches.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everything in nature is cyclic. I'm convinced that the climate is no different. It may indeed be 1 degree warmer in the last 20 years, but wait for the cycle to change. I do not believe that man has much impact on it either. No carbon footprint believer here. Owl Gore is as kooky as Ron Paul. My previous comment (GLOBAL WARMING) was meant to be sarcastic.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Wis. it is supposed to global warm up to -2 tomorrow
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

global warming is a fact, it just doesnt effect some states yet due to them being northern or high alt.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

I watched a national geo program about the warming and had an interesting insight. They were looking at ice cores in Antarctica over the last 500,000 years. They noted that every 100,000 +/- 10K years or so CO2 levels went up in the ice layers and it coincided with an increase in temps. Then they pointed out that the recent ice had higher amounts of CO2 again, if still not to the levels of historical peaks. They said this is global warming caused by us. I found it funny that the last peak was 100,000 years ago. It seamed to me that we are right on schedule.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

^^^ haha nice
Old 02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Global warming is kickin our ass today here in WI, lol. -10 right now with -30 wind chill. Tomorrows forcast is -15 with -35to40 wind chill. WCL
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey if youre complaining Wi, MN and MI will be happy to send you some -40 temps and lots of snow.