Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter's Pledge

Old 01-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunter's Pledge

With the season over in most areas, I figured it would be cool to start a Hunter's Pledge. A pledge us the hunter will make in the offseason to make us better hunters overall. I'll start.

I pledge to become a more humble hunter. I tend to be a little arrogant and think I 'know it all'. So in the future I'm going to try to be more humble.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunter's Pledge

I think the old addage, the more you know, the more you realize you don't know, holds true....I tend to agree, know it all, well at least alot more, I love to learn/read all the articles I can, though I'm young and don't have the hrs in the field others do, I'm always willing to learn, or hear antoher's opinion, and wisdom is somethign I don't take likely, ie when others have it, love to learn from other's who know more or have done more etc....
Old 01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

I pledge to make time next season to spend in the woods and with my family. College next year, and I do not know how much time I will have to get out with the family and hunt, but what little time I have, I pledge to make the most of it!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

My pledge is to shoot my rifle more in the offseason. I shoot my bow all year long but it seems like i always make a point to shoot rifle more during the summer and it seems like i never do it as much as i like. I want to feel as confident about my ability with the gun as i do with the bow this time around
Old 02-01-2008, 06:44 AM

I pledge to spend alot of time during the offseason scouting to figure out the travel patterns of the deer in my area so that I can help other hunters in our club fill their freezers next year. I also pledge to hone my skills with my bow so that I can make my first bow season a clean and humane one.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

More time scouting,, before the new little on arives in July.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:07 PM

I pledge to become a better select hunter..
Old 02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pledge to spend more time in the woods; More all day hunts rather than just morning and eve. I also pledge to spend more offseason time in preparation (scouting, shooting gun/bow, etc).
Old 02-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pledge to come up with a camp menu that will produce the worst smelling farts imaginable .

Actually, my pledge is to scout more. I have a 4 and 5 year old and live 2.5 hours from my camp. Scouting just doesn't get done these days.[]
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pledge to come up with a camp menu that will produce the worst smelling farts imaginable...I have a 4 and 5 year old
how repulsive to have those two statements within the same post

Quick Reply: Hunter's Pledge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.