Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

peeing in the woods

Old 01-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: pissing in the woods

ORIGINAL: IntroC

How about pooping? Is it OK to poop by your tree stand?
yes its finei think they love the poop and are very curious to what it is
i seen hundreds of deer that walked past and actually even tasted my poop and it never bothered them at all .
Old 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drenal

ORIGINAL: IntroC

How about pooping? Is it OK to poop by your tree stand?
yes its finei think they love the poop and are very curious to what it is
i seen hundreds of deer that walked past and actually even tasted my poop and it never bothered them at all .
Wow!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

not kidding they are very curious animals i doubled on 2 does twice this year that were checking out the other dead deer that i droped few mintutes earlier right next to my poop and pee spot.
in nj since we barelly have any woods left, the deer come in contact with thousands of human garbage and what ever we leave behind
Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

The most imprtant thing is for example if you decide to poop up in the air make sure there are no branches on the way down to ricoche the poop on your walking lane couse after a few hrs you will forget and step in it .
it could be a plus if the deer are curious that day couse they will follow your steps all the way to your next spot
Old 01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: vmartin

WOW, THIS IS AMAZING. I HAVE HEARD THAT THE TESTOSTERONE IN HUMAN PEE CAN ATTRACT A DEER TO A SCRAPE. HERE IS THE TRUTH...A DEER'S DEFENSE IS HIS NOSE, THE BIGGER BUCKS SEEM TO BE SMARTER THAN THE YOUNGER ONES ABOUT THINGS BUT IF YOU THINK THAT IN ANY WAY SPREADING HUMAN SENT IN THE WOODS IS A GOOD THING THEN YOU ARE MISSING A LOT OF THE GOOD ACTION, IF YOU WANT TO PUT TESTOSTERONE ON A SCRAPE THEN BUY A 13 DOLLAR BOTTLE OF BUCK URINE. DEER HATE HUMAN SENT, NOW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RUT WHEN A BUCK IS TOO CRAZY TO THINK STREIGHT, THEN HE MIGHT SLIP UP.JUST TO BE FAIR, I AM GOING TO GO TO AN AREA THAT I DON'T EVER WANT TO HUNT AND SET UP CAMERAS ON SOME BUCK SCRAPES AND TRY THIS OUT, I WILL PEE ONCE A DAY IN A SPOT FOR A WEEK. I AM 99% SHURE THAT ON DAY 2 I WON'T SEE ANY DEER AT ALL.
You may not see any deer on Day 2 because you were in the area so often.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a seven point after peeing right besides the shooting house. He walked right by me into the field.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will try to be gentle here. This last season I had a bout of the runs. I went no less than 5 times in an area of about 200 yds. square. The deer sign was sofantastic I decided to hunt the area anyway. I returned the next morning and set up in a ground blind. I called (grunted)in a 150" class 10 pointer. Unfortunately my arrow didnt connect. I would normally never hunt an area aftertaking a dump in the area. I will not be detered in the future. I would not recommend it as a hunting tactic though.There is no doubt that the deer in the area could smell what I left behind. One of my deposits was within 75 yds. of where I missed the buck. It was also during the rut.