Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Really a South Missouri Buck??????? >

Really a South Missouri Buck???????

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Really a South Missouri Buck???????

Old 01-20-2008, 06:43 AM

Default Really a South Missouri Buck???????

I found this on another site. Supposed to have been killed in Southwest Missouri. I've hunted in North Missouri and seen bucks of this calibur, but Southwest Missouri? Do they get this big on acorns only?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:01 AM

Default RE: Really a South Missouri Buck???????

Absolutely!

Here are3 bucks that have been taken in SouthEast Mo. in the last 2 years..........Private land, no feeders/plots.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii142/msgafg/buck1.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii142/msgafg/Buck2.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii142/msgafg/IMG_0134.jpg
Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

my family and friends hunt southest MO ALOT. we have seen some bruisers, killed some really nice bucks
its much better than anyone gives it credit for
Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Yep, they get that big down here. I'm the guy in the picture and I arrowed that buck the last part of November. He's an 8 pointer and scored 140".
Old 01-20-2008, 12:39 PM

Yeah right. I could say that was me too with a monster like that.
So just where exactly did you kill that buck in "South" Missouri. lol

Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 PM

Well, I have no reason to lie about it. That is me in the picture. I took him in Texas County, Missouri on November 23, 2007 at 8:00 am. Broadside at 31 yards shooting a Hoyt Trykon with a Rage two blade broadhead out of a Lone Wolf treestand. (is that enough info?)

If you still have a hard time believing me, you can find out all about the buck at www.whitetailworld.com My nickname is Wyatt and I am on the Pro Staff there. I'm easy to find on there so please feel free to look it up. The picture is on the main page of the site down at the bottom with another Whitetail World Pro Staff member and his buck from Kansas.

While your there, register to win a free video camera and camera arm. I hope you win it, if you do I'll send the footage of the kill to you with the camera. lol

Old 01-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

USAF...those are some nice looking Bucks!....You too SOMO Hunter...Nice Buck!!!!!

There are some really nice BIG Bucks taken from Southeast Missouri where several of us on here live!The Farm where we hunt a friend of mine shot a very nice 10 point Buck that had 3 more smaller kicker points on it.I have 3 nice 8-Point Buck mounts hanging on my wall right now.All were shot on private ground and they were raised on acorns with some food plots planted around the surrounding area's.

I know several guys that have shot Trophy Bucks right here in our own County,lots of Farm ground and big Hardwoods make for some really nice Deer & Deer Hunting.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:21 PM

I've never hunted Southeast Missouri, but I hear they are really coming along in genetics and big bucks.

I usually hunt Texas County pretty hard in South Central Missouri. That buck makes my 5th Pope and Young taken from the same area. All but 1 of those has been taken from public land (Mark Twain National Forest.)
One of these days I would like to make it over around the big river breaks and hunt in the Southeast part of the state.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 PM

There are big ones in the south. You just don't see them much because they are alot smarter then the ones up north.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

SOMO...If you ever get over this way there are several Mark Twain National Forest area's that you can hunt in all over Southeast Missouri.There is one MTNF just a few miles from where I live and there are a few more in our same County down in the hills towards the Mississippi River.Let me know if you would want to get together and do some Archery Hunting together?I've been wanting to try some different hunting ground and hunting the Conservation Areas during Bow Season would be the best since there aren't as many Hunters in there then.

Quick Reply: Really a South Missouri Buck???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.