Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Update: Anti's Finally got me

Old 02-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Update: Anti's Finally got me

well today being sunday i went to Rays and got some new treesteps with ym father. we went to put them in for tommoro's hunt, and low and behold, the stands are GONE!!! i walk over to the bas of my tree to findpieces of the chain on the ground. they look like they were struck with a hatchet many times. the treestand that was 5 feet off the ground, the place where the chain was the tree was all ripped up and had ax marks in it. my other stand that they only stole i step from was cut out of the tree at the height of like 16' up. im fuming. tommoro we are doing a drive and i am going to leave a note to the people staplegunned to the tree in a plastic cover. i am glad though that i only paid $30 at Dick's sporting goods for them. now i know why people hate hunting on public land in NJ.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Update: Anti's Finally got me

I would call the game cops and set these a holes up for a take down,or a bag of lime,or call a bud that has a hog farm.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Banned

Does NJ allow stands to be kept on public land when you are not hunting these stands? Here in Wi no permenant stands can be left
on public property. When the hunt is done the stand must also come down.

Peak
Live and Learn

Peak
Old 02-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

I am almost sure that holds true in Texas also. I have only hunted on public land twice but it seems like that was the case.
Rick

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Yea but if they shouldn't have trashed the tree when trying to get the chain off. Just goes to show you that these anti's don't have much common sense when it comes to saving animals. In order to have animals, you have to have habitat and you don't save habitat by trashing trees. You just increase the cost of a hunting license if you
really want to save animals and habitat........

GOD BLESS
Charlie Patrick
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chazpat/wildcanada.html
Old 02-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

When is trapping season? If it's the same time as hunting season get a trappers license and set out a few large jaw traps around your tree. Just remember where you put them when you go to your stand.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do you know it was Anti's?

Info on my username- Was in an investment club called buckig. Building Up Cash & Knowledge Invest Group. Club disbanded and I went on my own and came up with Buckmine. Didn't want anyone out to think I was selfish or crude........
Old 02-03-2003, 11:35 AM

bigbulls, i really hope you were kidding.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Update: Anti's Finally got me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.