Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anti's finally got me

Old 02-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anti's finally got me

I would do two things. First immediately call the police so hopefully you can catch these morons. Secondly, fix the stand up and buy a Camtracker camera or something like that and try to catch them redhanded doing it again. Then see how these pathetic rejects like being arrested.

Old 02-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

to read more, go to Update: Anti's finally got me. this will explain the 2nd saga to this story. i hate anti's

"For every dented car with blood and hair, we gain one pro-hunting vote."
Old 02-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from NJ also. I mostly hunt NY, but hunt NJ a little late in the season. I hunt some private land in Hunterdon county. The people out there either love us or hate us. Most of the people out there are a bunch of rich craps who don't have the slightest clue about hunting. They just think that the deer are "cute" and that hunters are barbaric. They don't realize that the deer population in NJ is out of control and without hunting, disease and starvation would kill them off.

Old 02-06-2003, 01:06 PM

Kodiak,

You need to switch to Remington Nitro Magnum 2's in your 12 ga. Just aim 3 ft high.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Last October to get ready for my 2-week hunt (a week of elk, a week of blacktail) I hauled my trailer and enough wood for the whole two weeks up to the mountains where I hunt, a couple days before the season started. I headed back up the night before opening day of elk to find that someone had taken every last bit of my wood! I had to spend the next couple days keeping an eye out for dry wood to replenish my pile. The following week I found remnants of my original wood in an elk camp, but the guys were already gone. How low can you get taking someone's fire high in the moutains in the middle of October? I'll be watching for them next season!
Old 02-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

One thing that really pisses me off about these fools is the level of hypocracy demonstrated by thier actions. Regardless of own personal beliefs we are obeying laws while out hunting and if we don't like something we take it up at the legislative level. These idiots do not obey laws and do whatever it takes to do "what is right." Sounds a lot like what the Taliban did to the towers in New York. If you break a law to accomplish what you feel is right you are still very much in the wrong.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a lot of experiences like that, but it wasn't anti's, it was other hunters (poachers/trespassers to be exact). One instance: I was set up about 30yrds inside of the property line (clearly fenced) and facing inward, a stand at both ends of a patch went out one morning and one stand was on the ground with all the bolts pulled out and straps shredded, so I went down to my next one, and told a guy that if he didn't get down out of my tree I'd shoot him out. A guy with permission on the adjoining property was "limiting his competition" as he put it, so I kicked his @$$ in the field, and took his rifle till he paid me back for the straps (probably not the best way to handle the situation, but I was rather perturbed at the time). The one smart thing I did was tell the guy that gave him permission about it and he revoked it, so that was cool.

I've had things painted on my truck and used to get a lot of gals up in my face when I wore hunting shirts or flashed my deer jerky or trophy pics around, and I'd either point out that they were wearing leather shoes, which killed animals, or if they weren't then I'd ask them if I'd ever tried to force them to goi hunting, no, so don't try to foce me to stop, this is America after all, and everyone gets their opinions, so anti's can just stop trying to force theirs upon me. I don't really pay them much mind, since most of them are just spoiled kids that had their daddies pay for everything they ever wanted and have no idea what the real world is really like, but they watched a bunch of "save the whales" commercials and got on the web and looked for a cause. Plus, I figure I'm gonna out live most of them by 20 years, since most of them are hypoglycemic from not eating meat, so the jokes on them.

I don't tend to take advice on things that a person hasn't studied on from both sides, if a guy hunted when he was younger, and then really found something wrong with it, maybe I'd pay heed, but if they've never even touched a gun, then they can't preach to me.

You can't let them get to you, that's what anti's want, that's why they do all the stupid stuff they do, just to Pi$$ us off, it's not really about stopping us from hunting that day, it's about picking a fight.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was when an anti-gunner tried to tear into my buddy Chuck (who's a heckuva rip in his own right). He drew his wheelgun, loaded three rounds from a speedloader, spun the cylinder and slammed it shut then down on a counter at the grocery store, this anti's bout crappin in his pants by now, figurin he's bout to be shot, ol' Chuck didn't say a thing, we all just stood there for bout five minutes in air thick enough to cut with a knife, finally Chuck says, "now that gun didn't do a D@mn thing to you now did it, but I bet I scared the $hit right out of ya, PEOPLE kill people there Sally, not guns." I didn't know whether to say "Amen" or bust a gut cuz he just called his guy Sally, then he just picked up his gun and holstered it, picked up his fruit juice and we left. Again, probably wasn't the best way to solve that situation, but made for one heck of a coversation piece!!!

Screw the 10 ring, keep them in the zero!!!
Old 02-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

hopefully no one tries to let my dogs out quickest way to find out what turkey load feels likes in the knees why cant these worthless people grow up readin your stories makes me wanna go out and strangle one i dont understand how people could get soo darn pathetice
Old 02-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinoin, anti hunters are stubborn, uneducated people. They were probably never exposed to outdoor activities such as fishing, hunting and camping, etc. Oh yeah, they are crazy too, some hunters I know are some of the kindest folks around. Sorry to hear about those dogs.

Edited by - pahunter86 on 02/08/2003 15:18:02
Old 02-08-2003, 05:53 PM

A long time ago, when I was younger, I remember some Hollywood types coming to protest a seal hunt, in Newfoundland. Think what you will about the seal hunt, but in those days, that was the main source of income for some of these smaller villages. Anyway, along come the helicopters, loaded with media, and some actor/actress PETA types. They made passionate statements to the cameras, posed for pictures, etc. They also spray painted the seal pups, to render their fur useless. They got onto their helicopters, and flew away. Shortly after, the polar bears came, and were delighted to see that the seal pups were no longer so hard to see, in the snow. They ate all the painted ones.....

Here's how I handle anti-hunter discussions. I listen to them make their case. I then ask if they drive a vehicle, to which they usually reply, in the affirmative. I then ask how they manage to drive from place to place, without slaughtering thousands of insects, on the windshield. As they sputter, and humm & haww, and try to get the wheels turning to form a logical response, I calmly ask, who apointed them God, to determine that an insect's life was worth more or less, than anything else's...

Quick Reply: Anti's finally got me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.