Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Walkers Game Ear?

I don't have one but I have tried one and wasn't to impressed with it for the way I hunt .
Old 05-24-2003, 01:03 PM

Those are not that good, plus if you forget to take it of you will be deaf for days, that is if you shoot your gun

Old 05-27-2003, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven' t tried the Walker' s Game Ear , but I have tried others like it . All were relatively expensive , and didn' t enhance my hearing as advertised . Unless your son is hearing impaired don' t reccomend them .
Old 05-27-2003, 03:07 PM

well ive never tried them and the game ears actually have a cut off point for muzzle blast so they cushion your ears from the noise.. other generic brands do not have this.. plus they are pretty pricey..
Old 05-27-2003, 05:36 PM

I' ve used the Walker Game Ear during bow season and have found it does enhance my ability to hear. It does give an ' windy' background sound though. Like putting your ear to a sea shell. That didnt bother me though, because it actually drowned out the ringing I have in my ear.

The problem for me though, is after I would take it out, my ear would ache for couple of days. Hence, I dont use it much anymore. This is just something that probably just affects me, but I thought I should mention it.

Its a shame too because it did help with my hearing and they arent cheap!
Old 05-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

you would probably get the same results if you mad a funnel to fit around your ear. Like cut a hole out of the bottom of a paper cup and fit it around your ears.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:17 PM

LOL I can see it now.. walkin through the woods and I see a camo figure in a tree stand with two foam cups around its ears... WHAT THE HELL is that?!?! LOL those arent cups they are sound wave gathering devices
Old 05-29-2003, 06:48 PM

Hey guys. If your hearing impaired, you' ll try anything. For some people, like me, its not even the fact that you cant hear, but the fact that you cant tell what direction sound is coming from that drives you bonkers. Last Turkey season, my father was 10 yds behind me working the box call and it sounded like the call was coming from in front of me to the right. Imagine trying to figure out which direction a deer is coming from through the leaves given that statement. Thats if you can hear it at all.

I' ve lost almost 50% of the hearing in my left ear and have ringing in both ears. Shotgun ear the old timers call it. When I started hunting, no one I knew ever even thought about ear protection. Now its pretty much common place to see people with some kind of protection while hunting.

Walker makes a a good product in my opinion and I' m sure it can help alot of folks out. But everyone situation is different.

Be happy if you dont have to deal with hearing damage. Maybe one day, if an inconsiderate hunting partner decides to take a shot at some geese while the muzzle of his gun 2 inches from your head and you lose your hearing, give those paper cups a try and let me know how they work out. At this point, anythings worth a try.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

That is pretty damn funny.....LOL Josh_E

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.