Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

baiting tips for deer?

Old 01-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: baiting tips for deer?

A buck can walk from corn pile to corn pile in my club without ever feeding on natural food. Deer in my club are not going to walk far away from their natural paths to eat corn or other bait, as it is everywhere.The best feed as stated above is white oak acorns with some corn mixed in to keep alot of deer coming there when the acorns are running out. Deer will pass the corn up to eatthe acorns first!

Myfriend was telling me the acorn rage was a good supplement to corn.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

I use alot of bait(corn) early to get some good trail cam pics of what deer are in my area. I tend to put out 50 lbs. here and there during the season. I don't care what anyone says, the deer will come to the corn. Shot a nice buck late last year after we stopped baiting, he came right to the spot where the corn used to be, it was about 30 yards off the trail. You bait them, they will come.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 AM

where is the food plot forum? someone told me about one but i cant find it?
next year im making a food plot
Old 01-21-2008, 01:14 PM

In Nova Scotia we use apples a lot, brings in all kinds of game squirlsto black bear. We are using carrot and parsnip dirt cheap too! A bin of parsnip culls 17 bushel $2. $8 for carrot. We have used 6 bins since the season closed 1st of Dec. We hope to keep they health for the 08 season. We also have a lot of English oak trees they keep them feed all fall, bears will clib the oaks to get a feed of nuts.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Down here we use rice bran poured out over a stump. They'll eat the stump down to the ground in a couple weeks. It's works alot like C'Mere Deer and costs $6 for a 50lb bag. In some areas the deer absolutely ignore the stuff---around here they WILL pass up the white oak acorns to get to it. If you can find it, you should give it a try.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

find squirrels, look around where you find the squirrels, if you see some good deer sign, bait the area. deer should eat where the squirrels eat (at night) and maybe they'll get too comfortable and offer you a shot.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM

Use a feeder and keep it full all the time. You don't have to feed that much. I actually think less is more. When they hear my feeder go off the come quickly. I have seen them many times come in and wait for it to go off. I belive they come in quick because if the dont the other deer will eat it all. Also I'm not really trying to feed them I just want to keep them around. I belive if you just pour it out on the ground you will get more night time feeding. If its there twice a day in the daylight the will come. Even when we have plenty of acorns we still have good luck with the feeders. They just get used to having a snack I guess.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

hows about some c"mere deer & some molasses?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i make sure i dont just dump it in a pile but spread it within a few yard area because deer are browsers
Old 01-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

im talkin about corn

Quick Reply: baiting tips for deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.