Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wounded deer ?? do u shoot

Old 12-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wounded deer ?? do u shoot

Ok about the same situation.I've been POed with my neighbor,agreed he don't come on my property and I don't go on his.He has said he would put a bullet in me.

I have shot two Deer that made it to his place that I know I could finish off,but because of this I haven't.

The last Deer I could have shot a second time,I seen it humped up in the brush,but it was on his property.

Ok what would you do?

big rockpile
Old 12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

regardless of the past issues, I'd give him a call & let him know about the wounded animal on his property. Maybe he'll let you on, probably not. I think the animal deserves that much respect, rather than a slow death.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Unfortunate situation. Legally, you are not allowed on his land so you really have no option. You either let the coyotes find it or you call your neighbour and tell him the situation. The chance you are taking is that he may let you on to humanely dispatch of the animal or he may get some easy meat for his freezer. With the second option, there is no right or wrong, it now depends on his ethics. Hopefully he makes the right decision. Good luck.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buck_hunter_87

call the game warden. sometimes they even give the go ahead to put it out of its missery and then they come out and deal with it legally but call the game warden first!!!
I agree! Do what he said!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would do what i thought would be best at the time....if i feel there is no other choice and that the suffering is unbearable, yeah, i'm going to shoot it...if i didn't have a tag, i'd still end it's suffering, but i'd always call L.E. and let them know what i had done and then deal with the consequences...i will not watch any animal suffer....i'm sorry, it's not in me...
The other day i got into a similar conversation with an officer....he was cleaning his truck out from a road kill...well one he had to put down...i told him i wouldof donethe same , even if i had to stick it , lol....he said no i wouldn't,that it was an illegal method of killing....told him the same thing, i will try to get L.E. to do it , but if they were a ways off, i would do it....i'm sorry....hopefully i'll never have to do it.......
Old 12-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you dont have a tag, don't shoot!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Spike

I would have to shoot it and take my chances
Old 12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

I've put down to badly shot deer. One had both its front legs shot off around the knee. the other was shot through its hindquarters and could hardly move. To me, my higher priority is to the animal, and because of that, yes I would put them out of their misery
Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: crokit

regardless of the past issues, I'd give him a call & let him know about the wounded animal on his property. Maybe he'll let you on, probably not. I think the animal deserves that much respect, rather than a slow death.
This Guy comes up here for a couple weeks a year.The second time I met him,he was Camped on my property with a couple other guys.I run them off.

Every year it has been one thing or another for the last 15 years.Last year he was setting on the Fence Line with his Son so he could hunt my place and his.I told him what I thought of it.He told me he seen me and should have taken a shot at me.This year he took five shots at the tree limbs over me.

He is mad because when he bought property back here he didn't think anyone would ever move back in here and he would have free range of the whole area.He offerd to buy me out for half what I feel my place is worth.

Nope anymore I'm not going to waste my breath with him.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: big rockpile

ORIGINAL: crokit

This Guy comes up here for a couple weeks a year.The second time I met him,he was Camped on my property with a couple other guys.I run them off.

Every year it has been one thing or another for the last 15 years.Last year he was setting on the Fence Line with his Son so he could hunt my place and his.I told him what I thought of it.He told me he seen me and should have taken a shot at me.This year he took five shots at the tree limbs over me.

He is mad because when he bought property back here he didn't think anyone would ever move back in here and he would have free range of the whole area.He offerd to buy me out for half what I feel my place is worth.

Nope anymore I'm not going to waste my breath with him.

A piss'in match between two hunters is one thing but that just crossed the line. I would have called the law.

Quick Reply: wounded deer ?? do u shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.