Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer cameras

Old 01-28-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Deer cameras

I keep seeing these beautiful pictures of animals taken with these cameras so now I'm thinking of purchasing one. What do you guys think of them and do you have any recomendations on any brands to look into? Also has anyone ever had one stolen? Anybody feel like sharing their pictures?
Old 01-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer cameras

If you go back a couple of pages in the forum there are some great pictures and some good info on different brands to buy and some of the problems people have with them.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:26 PM

Bigam,

I love them. Only not Moultrie, but I love them!

I currently use a Homebrew cam made by a member of another board that I frequent and I love it. He sells them for about $150. Click here http://www.woodystaxidermy.com/forum...threadid=11769 for the reason I do not like Moultrie, it is a long post, but worth reading.

Here is a couple of pics taken from my "Lakota" cam. And then the last one is of the same little buck and one of the only pics I was able to get with the Moultrie. Can you see the difference

Jim

This is the one from the Moultrie and no it was not foggy that night.

Visit me on the Web...
http://www.huntinginga.com
Old 01-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Do the cameras make any noise when they take pictures?
Old 01-30-2003, 07:08 AM

Bucky,

They do, but the deer do not seem to mind. I have sat on stand and watched mine snap pics and the deer not look at it, other times we get pics of the deer walking up and putting their noses to it.

Also use my digital on stand and have had deer stand under me while I snapped away. never minded at all.

Jim

Visit me on the Web...
Old 01-30-2003, 01:31 PM

Hey fellas thanks for the input I found the other forum shortly after I made my post. Love the pics!
Old 01-31-2003, 07:24 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

With my Moultrie it dont matter. The deer or what ever is always gone before it ever takes a picture. They are a @####$ peace of junk.
Rick

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

huntinginga, What is a "Lakota" cam? It's not Jessie's homebrew camera is it?
Old 01-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim where can i get some info on gettin a camera like yours, the quality of those pictures is very high IMHO. Looks like a nice rubb on that tree in the pic also =).
Old 01-31-2003, 02:44 PM

Mdbohunter,

I know that Lakota (screen name at Woody's) is also on Jesses and participates in the discussions there a good bit. So yeah I would say that his plans are probably from that direction or at least part of them. I actually started calling it the Lakota Cam just because that was his screen name and I personally do not care for calling these cams Homebrew since they are of (in general) better quality than a lot of the production models.

Treedog, click the link about Moultrie in my post above, I believe Lakota's email is in there.

Oh yeah....I went to get my cam today and it was burned to a crisp! The land owner did a prescribed burn and destroyed it Guess I will be shopping for a new one today too!

Jim

Visit me on the Web...

Quick Reply: Deer cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.