Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Dissatisfied Trailtimer/photohunter customer here >

Dissatisfied Trailtimer/photohunter customer here

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dissatisfied Trailtimer/photohunter customer here

Old 01-18-2002, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dissatisfied Trailtimer/photohunter customer here

Here is a list of design problems......

On off switch can easily be bumped.
Plastic sliding camera cover is easily scratched by the camera.
It is not waterproof.
Casing made out of plastic.

The last one is the one that pushed me over the edge. I had mine for two years and the casing of the unit is made of plastic and it uses a bungee cord to strap on to trees. The casing where the cord holds on cracked and the unit wouldn't wrap onto trees no more. So I sent it back. They were kind enough to replace the outer plastic casing, but did not replace the scratched cover that goes in front of the camera. So I used it when I got it back this fall. I used it 5 times and then in late November take it off the tree and when I go to set it down in my car, water starts to run out. The panel and where the battery attaches was all rusted. I send it back and they write me back saying it will cost me for the parts and shipping. No labor charges but I was still pissed. If they say waterproof then it should be. The water came in from where the sliding cover is located. This didn't happen to me with my old casing but it did rust the battery attachment before. All I did for that was raise the battery with an old plastic scent bottle cut in half.

What they should do is recess the on off switch so it isn't easily turned on.

Reinforce there plastic covering so it doesn't crack.

Instead of sliding a cover have it open with hinges. This would also probably make it waterproof.

Any other problems out there with your purchased scouting cameras? After seeing Jessies web page I will no longer purchase a trail camera.
Any advice if I can bi$ch and moan to the company. I am not expecting to get money back but you would think it being a waterproof problem they would back up there product.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:41 PM

Default RE: Dissatisfied Trailtimer/photohunter customer here

buckmine,I have been thinking of getting a trail camera.At least now I know which one to stay away from.Did you suggest some of the ideas you mentioned to the company?Seems like what better way to improve a product then listening to the people who actually use them.I would say if it says waterproof and there is no misuse from the customer then they should back it up.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:47 PM

Make your own. It's easy, inexpensive and FUN!!!

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-cams.html
Old 01-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-18-2002, 01:26 PM

I'm very happy with my Camtraker. I even tryed to get another one for X-mas but it didn't happen.
Old 01-18-2002, 01:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Bradsky77 said .
Old 01-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The company name is trailtimer located in St Paul Minnesota. The more advanced unit is called the photohunter.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

buckmine Thanks for the heads-up . I was looking at the photo-hunter at Cabelas .but forget it .
Old 01-19-2002, 11:08 PM

I have had My photohunter now for Two years as well, and haven't had only 1 problem. This was the on/off switch it is easy to get at . I had a raccoon chew at the end of the rocker switch once. But that was it. I think it was because I put a apple cover scent on the unit. I have left it out all year long. with no water or rust problem.
It takes great pictures
I would like it to have an option for Date&Time both not either or.
It is a cheap unit for 249.00 But I gess you get what you pay for.There are otheir units for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quick Reply: Dissatisfied Trailtimer/photohunter customer here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.