Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

ORIGINAL: hurley0816

would it be weird if i prayed for the deer after i killed it?
that's the most important time to. to pray for and give thanks to the deer for giving its life up so you and your family can extend theirs, and to thank god for it as well.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

God answered my prayers. My daughter had a succesfull surgery on Jan. 3rd of last year. She was too young to ever remember it. I truly believe that without that time I spent in the woods, praying to the Lord, and trying to make the best decision possible, the outcome would have been diffferent. Not from the standpoint of the care my daughter received, but from my own piece of mind and ability to be strong for my wife and the rest of my family.

Hunting is the one activity I do that allows me to truly think. Yes, I love shooting a big deer or just putting food on the table as much as anyone else, but hunting is much more about bigger things in life than the harvesting of an animal. Maybe I feel that way because I live in the city and my time in the outdoors is limited, but after last year, my faith in God and the power of thought and prayer is stronger than at any time before in my life.
well said. I too think and pray better in the woods. It seems so much more peacefull to me.

BTW guys don't get so wrapped up in killing something that you forget to experience the hunt. I know in the past I have slipped into this mode after going a season without a deer. I hunt because I love it. I like getting close and I like having the meat too. But mostly it is because I'm out there in a place that man has had so little of an effect on compaired to every other place I go. It feels close to God for me.

To more directly answer the question. I probably have prayed for a shot or to get a deer. I try to never bargan. However I know I have asked to see animals. I always want his will to be what happens and I make that clear when I pray.

As for if it is selfish to pray for an animal or to see them. You bet it is. But I believe God desires for us to be open and comunicate with him. I mean think about it. Do I realy need to pray for Jane who has cancer for God to know he should help her through it. He already knows that. Is it selfish to pray for that situation. Yes I think in a way it is. We don't want Jane to suffer or to be in pain. But ultimately it is his plan and his will. I think he wants us to pray and comunicate with him to increase our faith in him. So pray on. I think you find he answers them even when you don't think he's listening. Or when you don't get your desired outcome.

Just my 2 cents.

God Bless.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Proud to say I pray when I'm hunting, and when I'm doing just about everything else. When you are surrounded by all his creations how could you not pay respect to the Lord? Evolution, I don't think so.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:07 PM

Good thread, good posts. I agree with many of the others. I pray, but I never ask for a deer. I pray that I'll be able to make my best effort, not suffer, and enjoy and appreciate the hunt.

I honestly feel that if you are humble and worthy, connect with the land in a respectful way, a deer will be given up for you. Every deer is a gift. If you think it is because of your great hunting prowess or effort that you get a deer, you are mistaken. The deer has to make a mistake, and that doesn't happen by mistake. Deer are prey animals. They arehere to feed others. That is their job. Your job as a hunter is to accept the gift. I always give thanks by offering tobacco.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 PM

I PREY FOR A SAFT HUNT AND I PRAY FOR A BIG ONE TO COME UP ON MY FOOD PLOT
Old 12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
tf
Spike

yes!!! prayer is always good. we need to just be thankful for the opportunity to be out htere.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

No I have not prayed for deer, seemed kinda selfish. But haven't seen any in awhile. So maybe I should start.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:52 PM

I like to pray for a safe hunt for me and my family and for us to get our deer. In my opion pray always helps in any sitution. I also try to thank the Lord for the deer he has given me. They are his.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont really pray for deer but I do pray before each hunt thanking God for giving me the ability to hunt and to keep me safe during each hunt.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pray to Arvins before every hunt. Especially if you're a bow hunter.

Quick Reply: ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.