HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/221979-any-one-pray-deer.html)

hillbilly deluxe 12-10-2007 05:31 PM

ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

HEY,
IM JUST WONDERIN DOES ANYONE PRAY TO GET A DEER BEFORE YOU HUNT. EITHER THE NIGHT BEFORE OR DURING. WHEN YOU PRAY DOES IT WORK? AND DO YOU THINK ITS OK TO PRAY TO WHO YOU BELIVE IN TO GET A DEER?

bigwhitetailbuck 12-10-2007 05:44 PM

RE: ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Yup, I pray for deer the night before the hunt.... It worked once

arrow2512 12-10-2007 05:46 PM

i pray to god every time i go out . this is what i say everytime i go out LORD PLEASE LET ME SEE DEER EVEN IF I DON'T GET A SHOT I JUST WANT TO SEE DEER IN THE WOODS THANK YOU AMEN .

Schobs 12-10-2007 05:59 PM

I usually pray before the season starts for a safe season, we've had some scares up there and theres always a chance somethin will go wrong, i ask God to watch over our camp and all the guys that hunt there, then i definitely pray after i get any deer, or even after seeing a deer.

hurley0816 12-10-2007 06:08 PM

would it be weird if i prayed for the deer after i killed it?

djschuett 12-10-2007 06:12 PM

I pray for a safe hunt and then a deer if the big guy sees it fit, but safety more than anything else.
No buck is worth getting shot!

hillbilly deluxe 12-10-2007 06:13 PM

hurley naw its perfectly normal thankin god for your harvest

i just asked this cause i always pray but i havent gotten a deer let alone seen a buck >:(

Limit Five 12-10-2007 06:21 PM

I say a prayer for the deer I was lucky enough to killand then I also tip my hat and say thanks to the woods.
I think the big guy above approves.

Tribal 12-10-2007 06:23 PM

lol
This made me think. I do pray often when I am in the woods. And what comes to mind is last year I had a 140+ inch working towards me. I told god I would go to church for three weekends if he gave me a shot. Well he did and it was great but when I got home and told my wife she chewed into me pretty good. Saying you don't make deals with god.

I did end up going to church like I said and other than my kids baptism I never go. Doesn't mean I don't give props to the man above. I just don't understand half the stuff theytalk about there.This year I had my big buck coming to my shooting lane and again I thought about what I did last year. Well I didn't make a deal but I did pray. I was lucky enough that it all worked out.

AmateurHunter44857 12-10-2007 06:35 PM

I pray for a safe hunt and for me to see deer. Its worked, i'm 1-1 100%:D It really was cool to see the deer in their natural habitat. Oh another thing i pray for is a good shot as in if i shoot a deer it kills them and they don't suffer. If i gut shot a deer and it ran off and died a slow horrible death i honestly don't think i could live with myself and would have to give up hunting all together. I am a good shooter and would never think about going in the woods with a gun without zeroing it in but i know things happen.