Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Friends Illinois buck

Old 12-09-2007, 06:10 PM

Default RE: Friends Illinois buck

Sounded like your friendhad a very exciting day.. Congratulations that is a really Nice deer.. Would like to hear the hole story!
[/align] Jay
Old 12-09-2007, 08:29 PM

Awesome browtines.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

HOLY BROW TINES!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck
Old 12-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great deer..........what county was he hunting if you don't mind telling.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Spike

JayDeavor, there isnt much else to the story than what I wrote already. He did say he tried to get out the evening before to hunt after work for an hour and a half, but realized he forgot his breach plug at home for his muzzle loader and was unable to hunt that night. I got a laugh out of that one.

He alsosaid he sawa scraggly looking ten point at first that morning with two does and then he spotted this monster behind themwalkingquickly towards him. They kept coming and turned to walk off in a different direction at 30 yards when thebigguy stopped. He shot and the deer didnt make if veryfar, because he put a perfect shot through both lungs on him. He called me on the cell phone right after to tellme he shot aPIG.When I stopped by his house to take a look at the deer I never expected it to be this big... I was impressed. He has been deer hunting for about 30 years and has spent countless hours chasing deer. He was in the right place at the right time this day and was very lucky to see this buck after getting out late and shooting at the coyote, but he has certainly earned this deer after chasing whitetails for so many years.

To answer sjsfire's question about the county he was hunting in.... He was hunting Will county. He is lucky to have a small spot to hunt there. Illinois is getting harder and harder to find reasonable hunting land close to the city. Illinois a victim of it's own success I suppose, but I'm still proud to live in a state with such a quality deer herd.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:22 AM

what part of illinois?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:24 AM

nevermind
Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 AM

Congrats to your friend. That is a really nice 8-pt. He doesn't have a lot of mass, but he more than makes up for that in length and spread. Those brow tines have to bethe longest I believe I have ever seen.

Quick Reply: Friends Illinois buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.