Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"Going" in the woods

Old 12-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: "Going" in the woods

Good idea Jack.
And for all those young impressionable people out there who believe allI say....I was only kidding. On the serious side I don't hesitate to Pee out of the stand and anything other than that I do get down and go as far away from the stand as possible....nature willing that is. I always try to bury the load and TP just because I hate to see that all over the place especially when hunting popular pub land. That is the one thing I won't pack out when I find someone elses litter.[:@]
Old 12-08-2007, 11:52 AM

You were only Kidding? Hell, I bought some Depends today togive your style of huntin' a try. I may rethink this thing.....
Old 12-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I was only kidding.....but the older I get the less warning of a blast off i get. I always tell my son in law that in my senile years his main job will be to change my depends. The first time I told him that, he thought I was serious. That look was worth a million and it was over some beers at bow camp.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 PM

I can see where that might be a little scary to him right at first. I bet he was relieved when he realized you were kidding.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

ORIGINAL: JayDeavor

What I did was I went to Wal-Mart and bought a good size funnel and tie strapped it to my stand.. I dug a hole about 1 to 1 1/2 foot deep holesomewhere under the tree stand and took an automotive hose clamp and clamped the hose to the funnel and tie strapped it to the ladder of the stand and ran it down into the hole I dug.. Then I took some rocks and placed them all around the garden hose in the holeso the dirt wouldn't clog up the end of the hose and enough rock so everything would flow threw the groundand then I filled the hole back in with the dirt... Works very well when you have to go pee but it would be very hard to get the others to fit threw that little hole... Cheap and a Very good idea to keep the scent out of the air...

[/align] Hope this help you and others;

[/align] Jay

[/align]
Are you serious?

Absolutely Serious!!!!!!!!! My Tree Stand I Built Is Enclosed So It Is Way To Hard To Get In And Out Of It All The Time... [/align]
[/align]
Old 12-08-2007, 07:55 PM

I am going to build some enclosed stands on my place. Give me some tips like what interior dimensions work best. How about window sizes? I plan to start building a couple of these things as soon as I give up on deer hunting this year.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

You were only Kidding? Hell, I bought some Depends today togive your style of huntin' a try. I may rethink this thing.....
Check the pharmacy for some of those chlorophyl pills they give people with a colostomy. It really cuts down on the odor of having a doody in yer pants.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I was only kidding.....but the older I get the less warning of a blast off i get. I always tell my son in law that in my senile years his main job will be to change my depends. The first time I told him that, he thought I was serious. That look was worth a million and it was over some beers at bow camp.
I'm putting it in my will to sell everything and divy up the loot based on who changes my depends. It'll be part of the nursing homes job to record it and keep a running chart on who's turn it is.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

What I did was I went to Wal-Mart and bought a good size funnel and tie strapped it to my stand.. I dug a hole about 1 to 1 1/2 foot deep holesomewhere under the tree stand and took an automotive hose clamp and clamped the hose to the funnel and tie strapped it to the ladder of the stand and ran it down into the hole I dug.. Then I took some rocks and placed them all around the garden hose in the holeso the dirt wouldn't clog up the end of the hose and enough rock so everything would flow threw the groundand then I filled the hole back in with the dirt... Works very well when you have to go pee but it would be very hard to get the others to fit threw that little hole... Cheap and a Very good idea to keep the scent out of the air...

[/align] Hope this help you and others;

[/align] Jay

[/align]
Are you serious?

Absolutely Serious!!!!!!!!! My Tree Stand I Built Is Enclosed So It Is Way To Hard To Get In And Out Of It All The Time...
[/align]

[/align]
OK, if you say so.

I salute yer dedication.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default Going in the woods

I have had this problem and going close is a huge deer turn off.
They smell you real fast. If "nature calls" I would go farther away. But do some still hunting on your way there and on your way back. Try going somewhere that might push a deer through a natural funnel or up a field to your stand or blind.

Quick Reply: "Going" in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.