Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"Going" in the woods

Old 12-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Going" in the woods

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Pee is actually attractive to them, so is poo for some reason I have yet to fathom. Stop worrying about it, your breath will spook them a lot sooner than... well, you know. The biggest problem I've ever thought about in this area was what to do with the used Charmin.
The Charmin will degrade in about2 weeks.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in the deep south, the beetles are normally eat'n it before you're even done wipe'n. so it's gone real quick. i just go when and wherever i get the urge when in the woods.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 PM

I read about one guy in MS who uses a margerine tub for no. 2. I think that would be quite an accomplishment in a tree stand.

For me, it's a huge problem. More than 50% of the time, especially on morning hunts, I have to go (duce) as soon as I get set up. It's a no-win situation, your hunt is f___ed no matter what you do. You hold it, you suffer. You get down, you make big disturbance and spend time and energy right at prime time. That's why I hardly ever hunt out of trees anymore.

Of course peeing is no problem, just let er fly.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

A nice laxative purging the night before would remove the problem entirely.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:21 PM

About two weeks ago I arrived not feeling too well for the opening day of gun season in Oklahoma. Well, it turned into one of the worst bouts of diaherrea (oklahoma spelling) I have ever had. The only reason I didn't go straight home was that I had a hunting buddy with me and I didn't want to ruin his opening day. I was so sick that eventually I was justpooping a few yards in front of the stand. I really didn't care about hunting. I was just trying to last a little while on the stand for my buddy. During that morning I pooped several times near and far over a period of a few hours butinspite of allof this action an 8 pointer showed up about 20 yards away and I took him. He also came within feet of one of my "episodes".
Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 PM

I had a buddy tell me about getting out of the stand to doa #2. 10 minutes later a doe walks up,sniffs at it and he let her have it.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Funny you asked this because of my experience hunting last Saturday. About an hour after I did my "business", I saw two does within 10 yards of the "spot". They were calmly feeding. I had covered it with pine needles. I laughed.

Sometimes I think we worry too much about this stuff. I see coyote poop near my feeder and it doesn't keep them away from it.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

go off the stand
Old 12-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

Gone #1right off the stand and taken deer from the same spot weeks later. Once tried to make a mock scrape by kicking up leaves near my stand before Iwent pee in it. As for #2 make sure I do it night before or morning before. Luckily haven'thad to worry about doing it in the woods as of yet. Funny somewhat relatedstory took my first deer ever about 3 minutes after letting some pretty awfull flatulance fly. Thought I'd given my location away for sure and then few minutes later I'm staring down a pair of doe.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

#1 I let it fall from the stand, it doesn't disturb the deer as some people think. #2 (the doo-doo)I don't do that in the woods/fields. I had a bad experience when I was younger while walking beans for my grandfather when he farmed. A dew covered leaf from a button weed plant doesn't work well.I make sure I'm good to gobefore Ihead out in the morning.

Quick Reply: "Going" in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.