HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   My father and I (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/220721-my-father-i.html)

newguy23 12-03-2007 10:35 AM

My father and I

I am sure most of you are like me... We learned to hunt from our father. We all probably think our father's are the most accomplished hunters around. I never really loved to hunt until after college, and now i would say I spend most of my leisure time doing hunting involved activities.

Anyway, I took this nice 11-pointer this year and my dad was not around (the first time I have taken a deer without him being there). I called him on the phone (3-hours away) and told him a shot a brute (225-250 pounds) and did not know what to do... Needless to say he jumped in his car and drove three hours to help me load it into my truck and get it checked in. This is something I will never forget.

I think this photo is priceless!

BowHuntingFool 12-03-2007 11:01 AM

RE: My father and I

Congrats on a nice bruiser!!!!!! Well done!

_Dan 12-03-2007 11:02 AM

Awsome!!! Hunting and family....is there anything else?

BuckMan8 12-03-2007 11:05 AM

Congratulations on a beautiful buck.

newguy23 12-03-2007 11:39 AM

BowHunting Fool... He was taken with 100-grain Slick Tricks!!!:D

Gotta love those broadheads! Put a whole in him the size of a full-sized 12 gauge slug!

royak 12-03-2007 03:05 PM

Thats awesome a big congrats

snowball450 12-03-2007 03:11 PM

what a monster congrats d:)

reckling42 12-03-2007 03:33 PM

congrats on an awsome deer

matters 12-03-2007 04:15 PM

Awesome story Its great to have a father like that. Congrats

AF Hunter 12-03-2007 04:52 PM

Someday when you are a father, you will learn what children mean to their parents. My father rarely dropped what he was doing to come and help me, but would give me advice anytime day or night. As he laid dying in the local hospice, he told me that he had been hard on me to make sure I succeeded in life. He also told me he was very proud of me and how well I had raised my children. He went on to tell me things he remembered fondly which included getting morels, fish, pheasant, and venisonfrom me every year, my son and I going over and shoveling his drive and sidewalks, my son and I going over and mowing, the list went on and on. He told me that watching my son and I do so many things together made him realize he failed by not physically helping me when I needed it. It was one of the best times I ever had with my father. Since your dad made the 3+ hour drive to help you, do something nice for him like show up unexpectedly and take him to do something he enjoys doing. It'll give him a fond memory forever.