Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 it will b done soon i will cross back over well half way >

it will b done soon i will cross back over well half way

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

it will b done soon i will cross back over well half way

Old 11-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default it will b done soon i will cross back over well half way

well i hate to say it but next year i will be a bow hunter and a dang gun hunter again

i have deiced on a mossberg 500 cost new 200 bucks at gander mountain

i will bow hunt everytime but gun season and unless i am deerless like i amnow i will stay with bow but i am glad i only bow hunted this year i think i learnt alot more about movement and how they react to me then i would have ever with a gun

i will not be hunting out a 150 yards just around 50 or so maybe out to80 when i get a rifled barreld and good with the slugs

also if it is gun season can i take my bow and gun that way if i get a deer in for a good bow shot i can use the bow but if there is one out 50 yard i could use the gun
Old 11-23-2007, 06:40 PM

Default RE: it will b done soon i will cross back over well half way

Don't let the attitudes of some around here keep you from carrying a gun, if you so choose. What matters is that you are out there enjoying the hunt.

Good luck and remember, if you kill something with the gun, no one will put an asterisk next to it.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed! It's all about getting out there and having fun! If you enjoy it do it and don't look back!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

I switch between my bow and shotgun depending on whether I hunt my blind or the climber or just my mood. In the blind I use the shotgun, if I think I can get close enough to the area they are moving I use the bow. Sometimes I just take the shotgun because I don't feel like pulling the bow up and I can lay the gun across the rail of my climber when going up.

Given the choice, I'd rather kill a deer with the bow though. There seems to be something more in being up close and personal.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do both but I enjoy bowhunting much more. I do like the comraderie though of our shotgun hunts as long as my sister doesn't cop one of her attitudes.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Bro, do whatcha like. Its all good.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 AM

There is no reason to be ashamed of what type of hunting you want to do, as long as it's legal. My advice is if it really bothers you don't do it. Why do something that doesn't make you happy? But if you are just saying that for the benefit of others don't bother. You do what you want and let them do what they want. There are lots of guys that hunt multiple seasons.

I hunt during bow season, gun season and muzzle loader season. Many use a bow simply because it extends their season, there is no elitist motivation behind it. I actually prefer gun season to archery season. And the reason is I love archery more than I do hunting. And during archery season it is nice out and I would rather be shooting my bow than sitting a tree stand looking at it.

I have a buddy that is a hunting freak, he lives for his kid and hunting, everything else he does is because he has to in order to support the other two. I'm on the other end, I am a technophile. I love archery and guns, I am into the equipment. Hunting is sort of secondary to me.

Everyone is different and its your choice not theirs.

Paul
Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I bowhunt eclusively for two reasons: 1) I have nowhere I can gun hunt. & 2) I have NO desire to take a big game animal with a gun.

That being said....I have NOTHING against gun hunting, whatsoever. Nothing. It ocurs at a wonderful time on the season......it's necessary....and I'm sure those that do it are as set in their "traditions" as bowhunters are.

Nothing against gun hunting, AT ALL. Enjoy all your time in the woods.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

i will tell you this you will not hear me shot five slugs at the same deer i will be a bow hunter with a gun

also Paul i agree i love bow gun the gear involved with both i am happy just cleaning a gun my bow or target shooting either
Old 11-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I think if we all had our choice we would hunt bow all year long. My archery season is over till after Christmas but that wont stop me from going out with a gun on Monday. I enjoy hunting and being in the woods. Getting a deer is just the bonus of what you can actually experience in the woods.