Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad Season For Me

Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Bad Season For Me

been really bad season for me. 5 weeks ago while plowning my food plots I poked a limb through my right eye(My Shooting Eye)[:@]. it went through the cornia, retina and through the lens.tore all the suports that holes the lens in place. they did surgery on me that night.then a week later did another surgery to remove the lens and clean up the torn tissue.so I haven't been able to do much hunting.
I have been trying to get some pratice with my left eye with the little 22 mag. finally got to hitting the target pretty well. went hunting and had three different buck come by( different days). missed all three ; just plain clean misses.

pratice some more and more.don't know why I couldn't hit them.they were not that far either.
checked the scope and it was hitting on target.

then yesterday Barbara and I went again. I was in my popup blind and saw a deer come out. it was a buck. he was headon to me so I waited. finally he turned some and I took the shot. he bucked up and left,I could see he was carring the leg.knew I had a hit.
I went and got Bugger to trail him.(with only one eye to look for blood, I figured he could do a better job than I could). I figured right.that little Bugger took off where the buck was standing and left wide open. the buck only went about 50 to 60 yards or so.

he was 129 lbs. 7 pt. nice buck for a Florida deer.I was really proud of him.
now I can relax a little.maybe get another before the season ends.

I have to have another surgery on Jan. 5th. to have a lens transplant.maybe then I can see again. they want give me any idea one way or the other.

here's my buck.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Bad Season For Me

Sorry about the eye. I couldn't imagine that happening to me or anyone I know. Congrats on the deer, nice buck. I got an 8 point last friday. Good luck on a second.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

TC, sorry to hear about your eye!WTG on the buck Bro!....Nice

Hey Bro, I also use Liberty overalls!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM

Congrats on the buck. Sorry to hear about your accident, that has to be tough. Way to go get him anyway, good luck with the rest of your recovery.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:12 PM

Swack them and stack em is what Ted Nugent sez
Old 11-20-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

Swack them and stack em is what Ted Nugent sez

10-4 ; ya gotta kill'em before you can grill'em.[8D][8D]