Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how to hunt small lots of land >

how to hunt small lots of land

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to hunt small lots of land

Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 AM

Default how to hunt small lots of land

I own about 10 acres of woodlot that is a creek bottom. I was wondering what he best way to hunt a small piece of land. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how to hunt small lots of land

The same way you would a big piece. Find the part that
has the most deer sign, or that forces them to use a certain trail. If they bed down there you may be in for a tough time sneaking in and out without spooking them too much.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i own a small piece of land too.the only thing i have ever taken there though was a 3 point. but yea what i do is find the spot with the most deer signs and hunt it.

just some random advice that i have wanted to try on my 10 acres. i would like to try and clear everything out of there (brush trees and all)and plant a whole 10 acres of alfa alfa field. that would be pretty sweet i think.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

for those small lots i use my bow . i can get to some nice spots where discharging a gun isn't possible
Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Find the funnel leading in and out of the woodlot and hang a stand. Wait for the right wind and you'll be in business.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Takes time. Easy to ruin it for yourself so don't go tramping all over and stinking up the place. Several stands set in the spring is a good start. Takes me years to figure one out.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

What you just descibed is exactly the ground I just killed my big buck on! It was some of the best hunting I have ever had!!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:47 PM

Hey I am in the same boat. I have live on 24 acres and about 10 - 12 is wooded and I hunt that. When I was looking for a spot I put a few bait piles out in different spots and waited to see where the most action was at. I also looked for some good deer trails were.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:03 PM

If i was you i would put me a bag of corn in the bottem by the creek and put you a tree stand where you can see your corn,and have good shooting range.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM

Yes my neighbor has a bag of corn next to a creek and oh my god. You should see the deer he gets out of that. and a ton of deer come there everynight.

Quick Reply: how to hunt small lots of land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.