Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 pseudohermaphrodite Buck (Corrected) >

pseudohermaphrodite Buck (Corrected)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pseudohermaphrodite Buck (Corrected)

Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default pseudohermaphrodite Buck (Corrected)

Has anyone ever seen this.
I have heard of antlered doe's, but this was a buck.
My friend shot it this morning.
We took pictures for proof.
It's neck was swollen and it was chasing a doe.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Default RE: Hermaphrodite Buck

My grandpa shot a big 7 point that was a doe in the Upper Peninsula about 10 yrs ago. This doe had a heavy rack and was around 240 lbs. So yes it does happen.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:33 PM

I've heard them called cactus bucks, if we're talking about the same thing. A cactus buck never looses it's horns, but they never really grow either. They end up with what looks like a small cactus on their head and it's always in velvet. I read about one in a hunting magazine once and the picture was pretty wild.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:36 PM

http://www.ncgameandfish.com/hunting/whitetail-deer-hunting/NC_0905_01/

There's an article about one. Pretty crazy looking.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

In 1981 I shot a "cactus buck" in Barbour County, Alabama, but it didn't look like the one in the N.C. story. One of thetraits of a "cactus buck" I thought was that it didn't shed its velvet due to the lack of needed hormones. The one I shot didn't have any testicles showing, it was in December, and had all of the velet although it wasn't smooth, more like fuzzy barnacles. Its basically a 4 point, but I have seen pictures of other bucks that had more mass and similar coatings to the buck I shot.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:56 AM

The buck my Gramps shot didn't have any male organs, it was a female with hardened antlers. I think thats what he is talking about not cactus bucks.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

This deer had a nice rack, but no Ball's. It looked like a little stubby penis where the kitty Kat is supposed to be. It was sort of inside like it was a doe. This was a buck with male hormones.. The tarsal glands were opened and the neck was swollen. The antlers were normal like a buck.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

bloodcreek does not have 100% male anatomy. BAM!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:09 PM

My grandpa shot a deer a few years ago that he thought was a 200 pound plus doe. It turned out to be a buck that never had antlers, it didn't have any spots on its head where they might have been, he said it was chasing a doe, i might be wrong on this but i think it field dressed in the 190's. I just want to know what happened whenever he ran into another buck!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

definatley post some pictures

Quick Reply: pseudohermaphrodite Buck (Corrected)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.