Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cold Feet Problem

Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cold Feet Problem

ORIGINAL: Greekey

Dvalliere Hello...And I know exactly what your going through...Some people are actually considered cold handed and cold feeted..When either of those gets cold for me, it is by far the most hunting ending episode i can expierence...Cold feet and me doesnt go lol..Well, you started off by going with uninsulated boots which was a big mistake, and yes insulated boots can get pretty damn pricey. About a year ago I purchased a pair of Rockey hunting boots with an added 1,000 grams of thinsulate in them that cost me around 150.00. With temperatures above 40 my feet do stay comfortably warm, but when the temp plumits these boots suck...Although there is a solution to mine and yours problem..First off get some good socks, which you probably already have, and always double sock your feet if its not to uncomfortable. Second, one thing that has helped me time and time again and always works is get some heat insole inserts that are made by I believe called hot hands. Their those fabric sacs that contain almost like a sand that produces heat, their very cheap I believe 1.50. When shaken are simply by taking them out of the package..just insert them in to your boots and "Bam warm footsies". Hope this solves your problem
I have the same problem. I must be "cold footed" as you say.Just bought a pair of 1000 gram insulated boots yesterday, so we will see if that works!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:57 PM

Trytaping a warmer over each kidney to the outside of your tee shirt, along with the antiperperant on your feet. It really works better than putting them in your boots. I learned thattrick on this boarda couple years ago. I usually have a hard time keeping my toes comfy in 30 deg. temps for very long, but I was ok for4 hours sitting at the base of a tree a couple years ago in a late season windchill of below -40.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Spike

a pinch of cayenne pepper in each of your socks...it works.

try not to use too much...
Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM

I use to get cold feet and then read a sports rag that football players snowmobilers all wear panty hose i tried it and bang feet toasty even at -10 try it it works great.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input folks. I'll give some of those ideas a try!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

my tip would be to just go out to your local walmart and get some feet warmers. thats what i do. i wear the foot warmers on my bare toes and then put three pairs of socks on over them. i never get cold =)
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 AM

I have the same problem, my feet always get cold. I've pretty much learned to accept it and deal with it. Focus on keeping the rest of your body warm, especially your head. Simply wiggling your toes inside your boots will help a little. This is one of the many reasons that standing sucks. Try still-hunting.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Buy the foot warmers made to stick to your sock. They are thin and do not require the same amount of air flow to keep them warm.Attach one to each layer of sock (i usually use only one per foot bit since your boots are uninsulated try 2) $1.50

2.make sure your socks have no cotton in them. Wool works great.if you have a polypro liner wear that against your skin. If not you can pick one up at wallyworld for $3

3. Spray anti-persperant on your feet. Dryer is warmer.

Of course this is all based on the fact you have a very limited budget. Otherwise you could also add woll/felt inserts into the boot but it can cost a bit

Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

1. Buy the foot warmers made to stick to your sock. They are thin and do not require the same amount of air flow to keep them warm.Attach one to each layer of sock (i usually use only one per foot bit since your boots are uninsulated try 2) $1.50

2.make sure your socks have no cotton in them. Wool works great.if you have a polypro liner wear that against your skin. If not you can pick one up at wallyworld for $3

3. Spray anti-persperant on your feet. Dryer is warmer.

Of course this is all based on the fact you have a very limited budget. Otherwise you could also add woll/felt inserts into the boot but it can cost a bit

US ARMY USMC WOOL BOOT INSERTS LARGE MILITARY SURPLUS - (eBay item ...

You can also rub Unscented Secret Deodorant on your feet to keep them from sweating and getting cold!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

So, polypro liners (spandex-y sort of socks) would be where in a Walmart or Fleet Farm? Shoe section? Hunting? Regular socks section? Other?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Cold Feet Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.