Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Q 4 meat hunters.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Q 4 meat hunters.

OK...this is for the guys who say you can't eat the rack and that you're only in it for the meat.

If you could start buying fresh deer meat at the market would you stop hunting and just buy it? After all you're just in it for the meat.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Q 4 meat hunters.

I hunt for doe if i dont see any buck.i love the meet
Old 11-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would buy deer meat but that wouldnt stop me from taking my own. Theres no better satisfaction of harvesting, butchering, and eating your own kill. It brings me closer to nature and God. Just like growing a vegetable garden and eating what you've reaped.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Then I would not know if the deer had been given antibiotics, steroids, etc.

So my answer is NO.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

No sir
I agree with Mello. im much happier and healthy gettting my own. Mello drop me a email and ill trade you a hog hunt for a deer hunt were you got that last buck. i need some venison
Old 11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not at all. Nothing is better than the meat you earned yourself, and you dont make other people rich.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM

No. Just because antlers aren't a priority doesn't mean "meat hunters" aren't thrilled by the hunt. It just means that our hunts aren't centered around antlers or trophies. For me there is just a much enjoyment in the preparation and the hunt as there is in the harvest.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Passafist

No. Just because antlers aren't a priority doesn't mean "meat hunters" aren't thrilled by the hunt. It just means that our hunts aren't centered around antlers or trophies. For me there is just a much enjoyment in the preparation and the hunt as there is in the harvest.
Couldn't agree more
Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think it matters what your hunt centers around. All that matters is you're out to enjoy hunting. It just shows me that meat hunters are out for more than just meat. They are out for the thrill of the hunt also. Face it, none of use need to hunt. We do it because we enjoy it. Thats why I get mad when I hear a guy talk like he's some how above me because I'm a trophy hunter. Like meat hunters are purist and trophy hunters are greedy scumb bags. I just don't buy into the I'm in it for the meat. First your in it for the enjoyment and second the meat. I could get all the deer meat I wanted from guys that didnt want it but I enjoy getting my own. Trophy hunter hunt much harderfor that special buck and put in many, many hours and many times finnish the year without a buck. It's alot easier to just go out and kill something and be done with it. Either way is fine by me....I just don't need to hear I'm hunting for the wrong reason.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:57 PM

You're not hunting for the "wrong" reasons. You hunt based on "whatever trips your trigger." I admire a hunter who can go out there and let a nice 8 pointer walk because he knows there is a 10 pointer out there or he has one already hanging on the wall. Not only do I admire them, I thank them knowing that I can harvest that 8 pointer some day. When I say I'm in it for the meat that doesn't mean that I would pass up a nice buck for a doe it just means that a doe means just as much to me as a trophy buck. We're all trophy hunters...I just admire my trophies in the freezer most of the time. I think for the most part that no hunter feels ABOVE any other hunter (other than the purist who hunt like Native Americans did...their an excentric species) and that were all out there for one thing...WHITETAILS. And if someone doesn't like your style of hunting that's on them. Don't sweat it.

Good hunting, KyBuckHunter.

Quick Reply: Q 4 meat hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.