Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

getting the sheds

Old 01-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default getting the sheds

a couple of weeks ago I seen a pic on here that someone posted it was 2 fences put together at a 90 degree angle and grain was put out under them so when the bucks bent down and hit the fence their antlers fall off does this really work?
Old 01-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: getting the sheds

Bucky10; If you are thinking of using this set up with some kind of food souce as a bait to the fence shed collector in Illinois,FYI, then I dont know if you are aware that the Illinois Department of Natural Resources has issued a Ban on Feeding Wild Deer in Illinois, Due To Cronic Wasting Disease http://dnr.state.il.us/pubaffairs/20...cyjuly2002.htm
Old 01-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

I was not aware of that but I guess I won't be using that method will I. I just put some grain and salt block out not too long ago I guess I will pick that up. Man this sucks!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Lady Forge post (if you haven't already) that info weblink on the board and ask how many people knew about it and who doesn't. I had not heard a thing about that until you said that.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:09 PM

According to our state biologists, if you find a shed, work outward from it in a spiral out to 100 yards. They claim that often the other one is within 100 yards if an animal hasn't carried it off.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:22 PM

bump

Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

On page 39 of the Illinois Digest of Hunting and Trapping Regulations 2002-2003 they printed under CWD the proposed ban on the feeding of deer. They did eventually pass the ban on feeding deer. I check the IDNR website regularly to keep informed of any new regulations and laws pertaining to hunting etc. Its a great way to keep educated on the Laws in Illinois and access new info regarding our natural resources.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been looking for that article for a while now lady. A buddy of mine didn't believe me when I told him he couldn't do it.

Thanks.

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Moderator Cup Webpage
www.geocities.com/moderatorcup

Old 01-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

do you think that a really hard winter will kill off some of the deer with CWD?
Old 01-24-2003, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

No one ever answered my original question does it work.

Quick Reply: getting the sheds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.