Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tree lounge

Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 PM

Default tree lounge

Ok i want something that is safe and easy to set up im a fat kid. But i love to see and kill deer. Just tell me your expierences with it good or bad.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 PM

Default RE: tree lounge

Help please?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Summit Goliath
Old 11-06-2007, 12:03 AM

i have one and i love it. once you are sitting in the stand you are extremely safe with almost no way of falling out. i have hunted 30 feet high with swirling winds and never did feel safe. The problem is once you reach your height and have to turn around. Im not very big and dont have any problem but depending on your size, youcouldhave trouble. all in all it is a great stand and i highly recommend it.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

I was about 35 feet high Sunday night rocking like a baby with the wind. The only reason I didn't go higher was because the leaves havent fallen and cleared enough yet. I have gotten up to about 40 to 45 feet with it before without thinking twice. If the tree gets thin I just adjust the leveler on the back and keep going. It really bites into the bark and I use a ratchet strap to secure it once I'm at height. Once I'm set it's rock solid. I have the standing platform attached most of the time and it's nice to be able to stand up when I want to streach out. Also when you need to turn around just step onto the platform and turn around. The longest I've been in it has been 6 hours. But I have a friend who has spent his entire day in one without breaking a sweat. If you get one let me know and I can give you some tips on how to make it even quieter and easier to use. In short it's a really good stand thats made to last.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love mine!

its a pain to setup, kinda,

but hands down, the most comfortable stand you will ever use.

i am 6'3'' 200 lbs and never feel cramped. great gun hunting stand.

the only thing i dont like about it it that the bow hunting platform hold you about 4 feet away from the tree. other than that, i wouldnt give mine up for the world.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Spike

I have one too and I do like it for gun hunting. I bought a grand ol man to bow hunt out of. it is great once you get in set up in the tree. I like the ol man because it is lighter and easier to set up and tote through the woods.

I think you will like it though like everyone says you feel very secure in the tree and it sleeps really well!!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:08 PM

It's pretty comfy once you get on a tree, getting it there and on isn't as easy as others. Iwould recommendSummit.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM

I hunted from a buddies Tree-Lounge once and I am seriously thinking of trading in my cliber for one. It was indeed the most comfortable stand I've ever hunted from. And, yes, seems almost impossible to fall out of. I even took a nice nap in it and I'm fairly afraid of heights!

Cheers!
MadOtis
Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love mine but i also have a Summit Goliath SS that i love. the TL is heavier and harder to set up than my Summit but it is a little more comfy. the Summit isn't far behind the TL in comfort but easier to pack in and out.