Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ipod/mp3 in stand

Old 11-02-2007, 12:29 AM

Default ipod/mp3 in stand

has anyone else taken an ipod or an mp3 player into the stand with them? this season i have taken my ipod and have had one earpeace in and the other peace in my shirt. i keep my volume at a minimum. havent had a problem being heard or spotted. personally, i think it helps pass the time and can help me stay in the stand longer. i dont have it on all the time buti do 30 min with one earpeace in and 30 min withit out.anyone else try this out?
Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: ipod/mp3 in stand

If I had to resort to that, honestly, I think I would just sleep in, and buy meat at the store and just be a stalk hunter. Just me personally. I enjoy the time in the woods, and a good hunter needs to stay sharp. Music in my ear is not keeping me sharp and focused.

Being in the woods is the one time where I can think clearly and have peace and quiet. Something i treasure the older I get.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:00 AM

dont get me wrong, i love just being in the woods, just man vs. wild. im talkin about stayin in the stand all day. if im only there up to 4-5 hours, i wont bring it. enjoy nature too much anddont have a need. its relaxing, but tiring.but after my morning classes and im in the stand for 8 hours after that, i know im not the only one who gets exhausted. imo, its the same thing as bringing a book or something to the stand, which ive seen several posts about over the years. i enjoy the hunt for the hunt and being in nature, not something i do while i listen to music. the point was as a temporary helper like as others bring books, handheld games, ect. in the stand with them. im sorry you took it that way. i stay sharp in the woods and everytime i go out i make sure i learn from my failures.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: gpower1

dont get me wrong, i love just being in the woods, just man vs. wild. im talkin about stayin in the stand all day. if im only there up to 4-5 hours, i wont bring it. enjoy nature too much anddont have a need. its relaxing, but tiring.but after my morning classes and im in the stand for 8 hours after that, i know im not the only one who gets exhausted. imo, its the same thing as bringing a book or something to the stand, which ive seen several posts about over the years. i enjoy the hunt for the hunt and being in nature, not something i do while i listen to music. the point was as a temporary helper like as others bring books, handheld games, ect. in the stand with them. im sorry you took it that way. i stay sharp in the woods and everytime i go out i make sure i learn from my failures.
I don't stay in all day anymore. I used too for years, but I started dreading it, and it became like work. So I stay in for 4-5 hours and come out. If I see deer moving, I might stay in all day.

I used to bring a book to look at. But more than once, while looking at a article, I look around and see a buck stomping at me, and then bolting. That fixed that.

I am not saying my way is right or wrong. It might work for you.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use my ears as another hunting tool. There have been so many deer that I heard before I ever saw them. If your ears are plugged up with music you will surely have deer sneak by you and you will never see them. I never even put ear muffs on my ears or pull hats down over them since it will impair my hearing. Listen to that ipod before and after the hunt. One needs to utilize ALL their senses when one is out hunting just as the deer do to avoid us.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree with BC on this one. When on stand I don't need a way to pass the time. If I get bored with it I get down and do some still hunting. I recently went on a successful 3 day road trip each way to hunt elk in Colorado and one of my hunting partners brought his Ipod along and plugged it into the truck's radio. We had continuous music all the way out. I think he had about 1000 songs recorded on that little thing and get through about 850 each way. I guess there is a time and place for everything.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:50 AM

For all day hunts I will bring my IPod with me, but not for music. I like to keep my ears open. I downloaded a bunch of games on mine. When I do all day hunts I will sometimes bring it out a play a couple to pass the time. Although I only do that when I'm either in my blind or when I'm in one of my built wood stands that have "walls".
Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have thought about this a few times, but still haven't brought myself to bring one. I have a PSP. Not only can I play games, but music and videos as well. I have a lot of hunting videos on it. Maybe some day.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

If I had to resort to that, honestly, I think I would just sleep in, and buy meat at the store and just be a stalk hunter. Just me personally. I enjoy the time in the woods, and a good hunter needs to stay sharp. Music in my ear is not keeping me sharp and focused.

Being in the woods is the one time where I can think clearly and have peace and quiet. Something i treasure the older I get.
I agree 100%...
Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ahhhhhh nuttn like being in a tree in the fall ...waiting for ole BIG BOY to come stumbling by and having s lil Led Zeplin in my ear

dd

Quick Reply: ipod/mp3 in stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.