Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Have we gotten out of control?!?! >

Have we gotten out of control?!?!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Have we gotten out of control?!?!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Default RE: Have we gotten out of control?!?!

Probably the same guy that will buy a $1500 worth of golf gear because he wants to learn to play. Realistically I don't know how most of these high dollar gear companies stay in business, I very,very rarely see anyone wearing that kind of gear
Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: isatarak

I would guess it's someone who has more money than he knows what to do with and is going on a ranch hunt somewhere and it's his first time hunting.
I'd be willing to bet this is definately the case. If there are any other guides on here, I'll bet they will confirm this too. I guided on a plantation in the Lowcountry of SC fora couple of years andat least70% of the clients there would fit this guys description.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's not forget that this is America. More money is wasted in this great land than folks in other parts of the world ever even get to see!!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about you guys but if I had $4200 to blow at a sports store, I'd be in hog heaven!!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have 3 bows, 2 guns, tons of camo and calls and etc. etc. Snake boots , rubber boots, yada yada. All of it cost less than 4K. Well maybe not the 4 wheeler.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Last year I went on my first duck hunt with my brother and some of his "clients". There were 8 of us going all total. Two weeks before the hunt I asked some relatives and friends if I could borrow some gear. Between all of them I was prety set. Now the clothing didn't match. And most of it was too big or tight for me and all of it was very well used. I noticed everyone else had bought new gear. Dang they looked all decked out. 4 in 1 jackets, new waders, new boots, new under armor, some with new guns. I had even taken a borrowed pump 12 as a back up. The second day there we went to a local shop and they bought more stuff. They "needed" calls, better amo, ect. I bought my wife a camo nightie. Anywho, I had on hand me down stuff and old (at least 10 year) thermals. Out of all that I killed just as many birds as anyone else. I think it's the desire to have stuff. People loose their head over it.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:58 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Sounds like he might be working his way up the corperate ladder and at the last minute the Boss said "Hey snuffy, I LOVE to deer hunt and just got offered 2 slotsat the High Fence Ranch this weekend.How'd you liketo tag along?" []
Old 10-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well at least he'll look good............I myself have the same jacket I've worn for 10 years, the same Carhart bibs for 15 years, and the same ole underwear and socks..........well we won't go there. Other than my $100 CVA Wolf, some powder and sabots,$125 Nikon Pro Staff scope, a few new shells for my slug gun, and 2 permits I've bought this yearI'm good to go. I consider myself pretty low maintenance. I don't have deep pockets but can buywhatever what I "need".
Old 10-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Walmart nuf said. I even do my shopping at the end of season when everything is halfprice. 4k is far to high a percentage of my salary.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't spend anywhere near 4K on hunting gear in my life. So, when the time came, i was able to come up with 4K to make the down payment on 19 acres of hunting woods.

Quick Reply: Have we gotten out of control?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.