Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

RUT

Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 AM

Default RUT

anybody know when the rut come in in North Alabama Near Cedartown GA
Also. in houston county GA near macon
Old 10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: RUT

Our rut peaks November 15th this year. I say our rut because I'm right under you in Carrollton. It should be starting within the next week or so. But with the weather as warm as it has been... Anywho GON pinpoints the 15th so that's what I'm sticking with. I have the whole Saturday 17th set aside for hunting. I'm not sure off the top of my head about Houston Co. I'll check tonight and let you know tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Where you hunting HO CO, I used to hunt of 96 right around the river.....probably one of the best areas down there.... Im not sure if its WMA or not anymore though.....been probably 10 years....
Old 10-23-2007, 05:23 PM

The rut here in Louisiana is soo early... usually the first week of the season. wish it was all later in the season
Old 10-24-2007, 07:36 AM

big papa,is there any tricks to the trade up there it is my first year hunting up there. my uncle just got 120 acres in the hill country. any scents or ways to hunt that will make a difference in me killing the wide rack buck
Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

I usually bringthem in using code blue andprimos grunt tube. This year I'm trying tink's 69. I went out last week and saw some really good scrapes and rubs. I think the rut is about to be ON! Especially with this cold weather comming in like it is. I'm excited about tomorrow night.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Ohhhh btw I didn't get the rut dates for Houston Co. check in this months GON it has a rut map in it. Going by that peekrut is about 2 weeks awayout here which feels about right. My buddy has been seeing them like crazy on his farm.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 AM

do you hunt all day during the rut or is there a particular time that you like to go. do you hunt the tops of the ridges or the bottoms. i don't know if you have what i call mountains where your at or not. this is a whole new different area and i am completely lost doing it
Old 10-29-2007, 10:59 AM

well, like I said before, I grew up running around BleckleyTwiggsand Houston Co, where are you going to hunt exactly, odds are I know who owns the land, or something about it....
Old 10-29-2007, 11:03 AM

I hope GON is right on with their prediction of when the peakrut will be but for some reason I have a bad feeling it's going to be a week earlier. I hunt in Sparta, GA (Hancock County) and I had some friends tell me that this past weekend they saw several bucks chasing does and found lots of fresh scrapes and rubs. If it's early I'm screwed because I cant get back down there until Nov 7.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.