Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 The Doctor Death Hunting Show! >

The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

A show that people could learn something from would be nice. Instead of just promoting alot of stuff we dont need, and showing some people shooting deer. ( I only watch the shows for the impact shots)
They could show scouting-working the wind-impact shots-right way to gut, skin, butcher, all kinds of stuff. Then again, without the adds, who is going to pay for it?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 AM
Bartender

Fur you still got to have sponsers unless you can fund it all yourself?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: furgitter

A show that people could learn something from would be nice. Instead of just promoting alot of stuff we dont need, and showing some people shooting deer. ( I only watch the shows for the impact shots)
They could show scouting-working the wind-impact shots-right way to gut, skin, butcher, all kinds of stuff. Then again, without the adds, who is going to pay for it?
Well its obvious you have to have sponsors so thus advertising ....I do think that a show where guy's like most all of us on this forum had a chance to appear on would be more interesting them seeing Wadell ...Bushman ..Jordan ...Nuggent ..ect..... doing ALL the shooting weekend and weekout .... its guys like us that make shows like theirs successful buy watching and supporting ....they could at least acknowledge us and invite a "AJ" on a hunt once a month .... JMHO

dd
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff where youbeen lately ole buddy aint seen you on the forum in awhile its goodto see you again......
I know I miss this site big time.
I'm been working 12 hour days 6 days a week.and spending whatever time left over with my wife and kids.
Managed a couple of hunting trips this year,killed a moose about a week and 1/2 ago (maybe a little longer), .
I sprained my ankle (and ended up blowing my knee out) chasing a monster buck on Labour Day weekend all cause I refused to give upgoing after it.Literrally had to crawled back to camp that night, and than,crawled back to the same spot for a hunted it for a couple of more days after it, and the five hour hike down the mountain with my 40lbs pack on, did it in..
I'm still wearing a knee brace....
But I've got lots of hunting left to do.............
NO PAIN NO GAIN......

Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jeff Ovington

Jeff where youbeen lately ole buddy aint seen you on the forum in awhile its goodto see you again......
I'm been working 12 hour days 6 days a week.and spending whatever time left over with my wife and kids.
Managed a couple of hunting trips this year,killed a moose about a week and 1/2 ago (maybe a little longer), .
I sprained my ankle (and ended up blowing my knee out) chasing a monster buck on Labour Day weekend all cause I refused to give upgoing after it.Literrally had to crawled back to camp that night, and than,crawled back to the same spot for a hunted it for a couple of more days after it, and the five hour hike down the mountain with my 40lbs pack on, did it in..
NO PAIN NO GAIN......
JEFF YOU DA MAN ..... just like Rambo !!

dd
Old 10-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of course Doc...

Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

So when are you going to get this started??
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

NO PAIN NO GAIN......
JEFF YOU DA MAN ..... just like Rambo !!

dd

BRING ON THEM TALIBAN.......I HAVE YET TO KILL ONE OF THEM.........
HEY THERES AN IDEA FOR YOUR FIRST SHOW......
RATINGS WOULD BE THREW THE ROOF......
AND THAT $25 MILLION DOLLAR REWARD ON BIN LADENS WOULD COME IN REALLY HANDY FOR ALL OF US....
MAN WITH THAT MONEY GETTIN KICKED WHO"D NEED SPONSORS.....
PEOPLE WOULD BE COMING TO YOU........
Old 10-17-2007, 08:03 AM

I think its a good idea, and its refreshing to see non-pro hunters go out there and give it a go. I would def watch the show. And if you do decide to do a drawing or however you would choose the hunters I would throw my name in the hat and try and do a show.

I hear its very different when there are camera's. I have taped my own hunts, its interesting to see.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

YOU'RETHE MAN DOC....
Yeah I'd go on your show KILL OR NO KILL...........
GET ER DONE.........

Matt looks like the screaning your doing is paying off ....we need to get our ole buddy Jeff Overton on the show ...I think hes a natural born killer (kind of like uncle Ted)...Jeff where youbeen lately ole buddy aint seen you on the forum in awhile its goodto see you again......and I suppose FRALEY would fit in although Im sure I would have to work with him a good bit ..Solocam on the otherhand must be living a shelterd life "WHO IS DOCTOR DEATH" thats like asking who Elvis was .....GEZZZZZZZZ

dd

Doc, couple thingsweshould be throwing around isdoing a show where there is no harvest, because for some - if the particular biggun they're after doesn't come by - that is a reality.And doing doe hunts to control population. The angle we'll throw in for the doe hunts (and many others) is donation of the meat to local food pantries and/or stopping by needy families homes and delivering fresh venison directly to them. Also, unlike the pretty boy shows we can go into game care in the field. I do not believe I have ever seen any of the guys on other shows use a knife. Hello major knife companies (sponsors) out there! Buck. Gerber.

We also need to find someone to do our cooking/game receipe segments. (Hey,we gotta eat right!) We can't skimp here. I want top notch stuff being done, but still simple enough that our viewers can easily do it, too.

I'm also thinking of bringing the folks into the actual creation of some of the traditional tools ofhunting. Like maybe visitingsomeone who handcrafts longor recurve bows, handcrafted knives, handmade calls, hide tanning, etc. . And of course for these segments you will be tearing the ladies up while you are wearingyour buckskin!

Oh, a little more on the buck skin outfits. You might want to think about starting a regular exercise routine. ( Include alot of crunches )

Remember - production meeting is next Thursday. I will contact Mr. Overton and bring you up to speed also. I'll send Hossto pick you up for the meeting.

Quick Reply: The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.