Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Would you shoot an albino deer? >

Would you shoot an albino deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you shoot an albino deer?

Old 09-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you shoot an albino deer?

ORIGINAL: furgitter

I can only get 1 buck tag a year, and im saving it for a special one. These doe tags are 2.00 each in reduction areas. If im lucky and good at the same time ill be posting pics of the new state record right about mid nov!
ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I got does # 4 and 5 on Sat. I dont need to shoot albinos, even if they were legal.
So what your telling us is your not too good at hunting bucks?
wait a minute....i thought you dont hunt for antlers...only for meat. Lots of contradictions coming out of you furgitter....who knows what to believe?!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

I shot one just the other day,with my camera phone!
Im a meat hunter.I kill a bunch of em every year, and process them and eat them. I will shoot a big rack buck if its a deer with alot of meat, but I dont like the idea of someone killing a deer just because its fun. If you kill it, you should be eating it, or donating it. This whole trophy thing doesnt work for me at all.
Funny how you are going to show us a new state record, yet the trophy thing doesn't work for you. don't you think that state record would look better alive? let him walk so other people can enjoy seeing him! lol....crazy...nothing but lies and contradictions
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 AM

I would definately shoot an albino deer.
furgitter, if you're mainly hunting for meat, why wouldn't you only shoot does and leave the bucks for other people to enjoy, andwhy would you shoot a big buck because it has more meat if you can shoot does and get better meat? If I only wanted meat and didn't care about trophies, I would just shoot does because they taste better than a big buck.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

This buck has ALOT of meat on him. I passed on him last year and never went back.I wanted him to spread his seed arround for another year. There havent been too many days that I havent thought of that deer. I hope Ive got the heart to shoot him this year.I didnt last year, he was the most beautifull deer Ive ever seen. Normaly I dont get like this with deer.I dont target specific animals.For some reasion, Ill make an exception for Bull winkle.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

good story furgitter....more BS and contradictions
Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

See ya in november BG
Old 09-26-2007, 12:17 PM

That is a good question. If there still were not many of them I would not. If they were abundant I don't see why not. What does color matter.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:24 PM

I'd shoot one in a heart beat.They take away from the genetics of the whole herd.Natural predators would have killed them long before because the aren't able to properly able to blend in withe natural surroundings.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Albino's are not legal to harvest in Wisconsin. I believe anything short of full albino is fair game. The albino law is dumb, not sure why we protect a genetic defect? The piebald mount is very beatiful. How does someone on a shoestring budget like me afford to get a beautiful animal like that mounted?
I've bow hunted the same 80 acres for this is my 7th season. I gun hunted the property for about 4 years before that. The very first deer I shot with a bow had a twin with it that was a nubber buck. This nubber has a white front leg about 4" higher than his knee. I've been educating this buck since my first kill. I last saw him last fall sporting his best rack yet. Rattled him in, a 4" diameter branch laying on the ground sticking up just enough to cover his heart was the difference btween me begging borrowing or stealing enough money for a head mount. I didn't take the shot, I waited for just 1 more step foward, not sure if I wanted to end it. That 1 step covered about 15 yards in 1/2 second. lol If he's still around, he's 7 years old. Seeing the way they mounted that piebald is exactly what I should do with this one if I ever have the honor of taking him. Little painted leg. Better get back to work and start saving. lol
Old 09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hey coorsdrifter, ever try finding an albino in a snow storm? lol

They have albino deer at a game farm near here and they are visably smaller than there siblings slower weaker and some say they don't see to well. They are more prone to illnesses and gentic deformaties. Within the herd structure they are dominated by the other bucks. Being white is an advantage in some area's 9 months out of the year. If there only disadvantage was color, they'd florish in these areas. They don't because the gentic defect goes much deaper than color. They are just plain inferior, gentic screw ups that some say is caused by inbreeding.

Quick Reply: Would you shoot an albino deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.