HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/207403-biggest-deer-texas-photos.html)

TahoeEDO 09-17-2007 03:53 PM

Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

Here are two photos

zs93 09-17-2007 03:57 PM

RE: Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

Wow! Is that big boy in a high fence? That big boy is going to fetch some serious $$$.

EnglishHope 09-17-2007 03:58 PM

WHAT A DEER!!!!!!!!!!!!

warny 09-17-2007 04:00 PM

WOWZERS!!!

hnt24.7 09-17-2007 04:41 PM

BuckRogers 09-17-2007 04:56 PM

I say let him grow another year if somthing like that goes under your stand....just kidding, hell of a deer. Notice how hes running all the time, you suppose its because he is stupid?

TahoeEDO 09-17-2007 05:01 PM

This is not my deer. My friend intends to take off from work the day before the season opens and not stop hunting until he has that deer!

jedge1979 09-17-2007 05:27 PM

By the way he is high tailing it out of there. I am guessing your friend is in for some long hunting with no more sitings of this deer. OtherwiseWOW what a deer.

Charlie P 09-17-2007 05:35 PM

Was the picture taken during an aerial survey by any chance?

TahoeEDO 09-17-2007 05:45 PM

Yes, it was. He is not running because he is smart... he is running away from a helicopter.

retrieverman 09-17-2007 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: TahoeEDO

Yes, it was. He is not running because he is smart... he is running away from a helicopter.
He may have been running from the chopper, but he didn't get that big by being stupid.

solocamcan 09-18-2007 01:25 AM

I lived in texas and a set of forks make those 50 lb deer look bigger than they are....but this isn't one of those...WOW!!!

Steelcity 09-18-2007 01:29 AM

You gotta be ****tinme, thats just ridiculous

CamoCop 09-18-2007 01:31 AM

yup, looks like an expensive deer to me.

txjourneyman 09-18-2007 05:59 AM

ORIGINAL: TahoeEDO

This is not my deer. My friend intends to take off from work the day before the season opens and not stop hunting until he has that deer!
Does your friend own this deer or is he just wealthy enough to pay the rancher that grew it?

pheasantfanatic 09-18-2007 06:09 AM

WHAT AT DEER!!!!!!!!!!

ShatoDavis 09-18-2007 08:39 AM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, CLARK! You saw Santa Claus?:D

N2Design 09-18-2007 08:47 AM

DANG!!!!

TahoeEDO 09-18-2007 10:09 AM

The deer is on his ranch - about 4000 acres I think.

TahoeEDO 09-18-2007 10:14 AM

Here is another deer they have there. Not quite as big but still huge.

pheasantfanatic 09-18-2007 10:20 AM

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!:)

cjwink 09-18-2007 12:23 PM

Good buck.. Love the drop tines.. Looks like South Tx from the brush..

txhighfence 09-19-2007 10:08 PM

Damn now those are what you can consider true brush country monsters......

BIGLAWE 09-20-2007 03:25 AM

COOL PICS

mbruizer187 09-20-2007 04:59 PM

Post should read, hey everyone whats up I'm new here, this is my first post so look at this deer my friend has in his High Fence ranch in texas The cost will be $50,000 if any of you want to come hunt it. Doubt your buddy is going to try taking it this year like you state. What kind of chemicals/steroids are you guys aloud to use down there to get them that big? Nice sales add BTW.

Sorry for the bash, but come on first post, and not even a hey guys my name is so and so I am new here.

Rich:D

KYDeerHunter03 09-20-2007 05:32 PM

Wow!! Awesome deer, that thing is unreal[8D]

Marko B 09-20-2007 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: mbruizer187

Post should read, hey everyone whats up I'm new here, this is my first post so look at this deer my friend has in his High Fence ranch in texas The cost will be $50,000 if any of you want to come hunt it. Doubt your buddy is going to try taking it this year like you state. What kind of chemicals/steroids are you guys aloud to use down there to get them that big? Nice sales add BTW.

Sorry for the bash, but come on first post, and not even a hey guys my name is so and so I am new here.

Actually that deer is on my place, and I am the friend he was talking about. I sent him pictures and put them up on my website for the people that have hunted on our place before. He knows I have posted on message boards because I have shared with him some of the negative feedback I have gotten from hunters in other parts of the country, and asked me if I was going to post them here. I said no, because I knew exactly the reaction I was going to get. We grew up hunting together as kids, actually my dad and I were the ones that taught he and his twin brother to hunt. I guess he decided to post them and see for himself. Now he knows.

I've explained my place before on boards and it never makes a difference. When we bought it, it had a high fence on 3 sides and our neighbor to the north fenced off the last side 10 years ago much to my chagrin at the time. So now we have 4200 acres under HF, which is sadly becoming the norm for South Texas. I'm not going to say it doesn't help specific deer get older and keep us from getting overrun by deer from outside, it does. But it certainly doesn't make them any easier to hunt. They aren't "steroided". They are the same deer that were here before the fence went up and are every bit as wild.

My father and I have this place for our own personal enjoyment. We hunt it. We aren't trying to make a living off of it. We sell the opportunity to hunt here to help us pay for supplimental feed, labor, equipment etc.

He and I aren't "selling" these deer. We are hunting them ourselves. The opportunity for us to have these kinds of deer to personally hunt is why we go through all of the trouble in the first place.

Anyway, I've watched this post for a while, and finally decided to pipe in.

To everyone who just appreciated how truly special both of these bucks are, thanks. We've worked very long and hard to make sure that we had the opportunity for something like those two deer to be running around.

Edit: and by the way, that certainly isn't the title for the thread I would have chosen if I had posted it.

huntinbucks 09-21-2007 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Marko B

ORIGINAL: mbruizer187

Actually that deer is on my place, and I am the friend he was talking about. I sent him pictures and put them up on my website for the people that have hunted on our place before. He knows I have posted on message boards because I have shared with him some of the negative feedback I have gotten from hunters in other parts of the country, and asked me if I was going to post them here. I said no, because I knew exactly the reaction I was going to get. We grew up hunting together as kids, actually my dad and I were the ones that taught he and his twin brother to hunt. I guess he decided to post them and see for himself. Now he knows.

I've explained my place before on boards and it never makes a difference. When we bought it, it had a high fence on 3 sides and our neighbor to the north fenced off the last side 10 years ago much to my chagrin at the time. So now we have 4200 acres under HF, which is sadly becoming the norm for South Texas. I'm not going to say it doesn't help specific deer get older and keep us from getting overrun by deer from outside, it does. But it certainly doesn't make them any easier to hunt. They aren't "steroided". They are the same deer that were here before the fence went up and are every bit as wild.

My father and I have this place for our own personal enjoyment. We hunt it. We aren't trying to make a living off of it. We sell the opportunity to hunt here to help us pay for supplimental feed, labor, equipment etc.

He and I aren't "selling" these deer. We are hunting them ourselves. The opportunity for us to have these kinds of deer to personally hunt is why we go through all of the trouble in the first place.

Anyway, I've watched this post for a while, and finally decided to pipe in.

To everyone who just appreciated how truly special both of these bucks are, thanks. We've worked very long and hard to make sure that we had the opportunity for something like those two deer to be running around.

Edit: and by the way, that certainly isn't the title for the thread I would have chosen if I had posted it.
Dude, you don't have to defend yourself to these guys!

I hunt on 10,000 acres of land that we lease which is high fenced on three sides in SW Texas. We do the same thing. We have several paying members of the lease and a few sold hunts that we use to pay for the lease, feed, stands, etc. I can vouch that those deer are just as wild as the deer that I hunt at home. I can also vouch that just because you put a high fence up does not mean that you will automatically produce deer like the ones in your pictures. It's not a deer farm where the deer are all raised and handled by the owner. They are all wild Texas whitetails. You simply practice good quality deer management, and hope for the best. It takes a lot of work and know how, not to mention a little bit of luck.

Congratulations! Those are 2 very nice looking deer! Best of luck this season. I hope you get him or both of them!

gpower1 09-21-2007 12:29 AM

non-tpical. great deer though! dont get me wrong, great deer.body isnt as big as i would want a typical of that count to be

Steve F.in MD 09-21-2007 03:19 AM

I'd say you are doing a good management job. You are lucky to have such an operation. Good luck with the upcoming season.

8pt~Bowhunter 09-21-2007 05:50 AM

Thats a "shooter".:D

pa_yote_hunter 09-21-2007 08:53 AM

good luck at gettin em!!

8mm 09-21-2007 09:48 AM

wow i would like to have that mounted on my wall

tf 09-21-2007 12:30 PM

Truly awesome! He is definitely the bull of the woods. What a wonderful blessing he will be to a very lucky hunter!

buckeyehntr5 09-21-2007 02:35 PM

Same deer as last year????

buckeyehntr5 09-21-2007 02:39 PM

Another... Might not be cause this one doesn't have a drop on the one side. Nice pics.... Got these in an email last year and thought it was the same one.

peakrut 09-21-2007 03:21 PM

Then take the fence down.;)

Marko B 09-21-2007 03:38 PM

It's not my fence...it's only half mine...

And you notice I said... "at the time". I have kind of evolved as a hunter since I was 18... I enjoy the heavy management/scouting side of hunting as much as I did the random "just get lucky" aspect before.

As to the poster before about those other survey pictures... that isn't the same deer...

botechboy 09-21-2007 05:58 PM

You and your dad did a fine job or should I say are doing a fine job either way buddy good luck this fall if you get him please post some pics

mbruizer187 09-21-2007 06:56 PM

HMMmm so you don't sell hunts that are more expensive for the bigger the rack the buck has(or as big as you can get them to grow). And you do not feed the deer anything at all, they just grow that big on the shrubbery and genetics, OK. Any ways i dont really care, maybe if your buddy wouldn't have came on here and just started posting pics saying hey look at this deer and maybe said hey guys whats up i wouldnt have said anything, so dont act like you know everyone everywhere and they do nothing but trash talk. GREAT DEER;) NICE PICS;) TO BAD he will cost more than a thoroughbred gelding and make you no money in return I love what you people do to this sport/passion